Wrecked Duster Stocker

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
Paula Cotton wrecked her Plymouth Duster stocker this weekend in Arizona.
Could have been much worse.
She ended up with a broken shoulder blade & some ribs.
Might be released from the hospital today.

For those who don't know, Mike & Paula have two identical Dusters they race in Stock Eliminator, along with a 1970 Cuda in Super Stock.

Very nice people that I have know for 30 years.

No confirmation yet, but one of the Dusters was bought new by Mike.
He had went to college & on his Honey Moon in it.
Then started racing it.
No word yet if the one that wrecked is that car.

Don't know what happen exactly yet, but something let go at the end of the 1/4 & spun in her own oil, bouncing from one barrier to the other side.
This Stocker was dialed a 10.90.

Attachments

• IMG_4007 - COTTON.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 984
I read the title of the post and heard Charlie Brown, "UUUUUUUGgggggghhhhh!!!!!"
That looks like a HARD hit. I hope she heals quickly. The up side is all the parts are avilable now, so if this is that car, everything from the firewall forward can be repaired...

..... and we're two for two for mopar stockers getting wrecked at the first two national events. 69 Dart of Jerry Stein walled at Pomona.

Good question about the diaper.
I know Super Street (10.90 index) is required to have one.
Not sure about an ET cutoff for Stock.

Very sad. Glad she is ok. Very nice people they always keep on eye on Darren's trailor when he leaves it at the track.

Ray

Nothing let go on the car. They switch to Lamb brakes and they grabbed harder than what she is used too.

Ray

the engine let go. steering column was pushed back. car is a total. when you hit oil, its like being on ice!

So the top end stripe "game" is where things went bad? Gotta believe that's what happened because the shutdown at WHRP is LOONNGGG! pretty sure that's what happened to Jerry's car too. Silly bracket racers.

So the top end stripe "game" is where things went bad? Gotta believe that's what happened because the shutdown at WHRP is LOONNGGG! pretty sure that's what happened to Jerry's car too. Silly bracket racers.

That's what happened to both. It really sucks but it is part of racing.

Ray

yes it is.... and I'm a bracket guy. That thought weighed really heavy on my mind last fall as I made the first passes with my new Wilwood set up. I'm pretty comfortable at the "stab" level now.

hope she recovers ok... betting she's pretty dang sore this week.

yes it is.... and I'm a bracket guy. That thought weighed really heavy on my mind last fall as I made the first passes with my new Wilwood set up. I'm pretty comfortable at the "stab" level now.

hope she recovers ok... betting she's pretty dang sore this week.

wow! sorry to hear that, cool people .

We bracket race & see a lot of brakes being used.
My Son prefers to use the "Womp Womp" method with the throttle to cut it in.
However, at a big money race last year, he had got on the brakes in the Semi & smoked the front tires.
He was warned about it.
He did the same thing in the final, got DQ.
Found out there was a problem in the braking system.
It killed two front runners with flat spots.

I use the same brakes on both cars & have no problem with the other one.
Traced it down to air in the system.

Just cost me about 350.00 for two new tires & a 1000.00 extra on prize money.

-
Back