Not open for further replies.

MrBelvedere2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a nice set of 273 commando valve covers, the black ones with the silver fins on top. please let me know if you have a set. will pay good money for a good set. Thank you!

I have a set minus the white plastic wire holders, $100 plus shipping. No pics at this time.

MrBelvedere, even if you find a set in really awful shape with a great can't-resist price, they can be restored affordably. Ask me how I know. :-D

FYI...I believe there are a couple different models (Years). Some have the PCV on one cover and some have the Stove pipe on both....depends what year.

BTW Coudchick1968~ she did a set of mine.....absolutely the best money I ever spent!

Aloha

they alway's ask too much at specialty car shows to pay the exorbitant rent. most people here will offer them at a price that is down to earth, just get good pic's and ask if the area's around the bolts need to be welded up, it is common for them to be cracked in those areas from overtightening but can be fixed .
At spring fling I asked about a pair and the guy wanted $200 for just average condition valve covers

they alway's ask too much at specialty car shows to pay the exorbitant rent. most people here will offer them at a price that is down to earth, just get good pic's and ask if the area's around the bolts need to be welded up, it is common for them to be cracked in those areas from overtightening but can be fixed .

I'm not sure if these were bought from a FABO member (you remember Roger? - you'll recognize this), but they needed some bodywork and were brazed at some point in their lifetime on every bolt hole ...

View attachment 146282

... and turned out just fine.

View attachment 146283

They cleaned up great and there were no issues to interfere with the finish or fitment. I don't know offhand how much he paid for them, but I doubt if it was very much.

Good Pic leanna that was the cracks around the bolt holes I was talkin about.........thanky thanky!!!

At spring fling I asked about a pair and the guy wanted $200 for just average condition valve covers

Probably saw the same set on saturday. He must of come down on his asking price. He was originally asking $250 and they had an inch of grease on the inside of the covers.

"I'm not sure if these were bought from a FABO member (you remember Roger? - you'll recognize this), but they needed some bodywork and were brazed at some point in their lifetime on every bolt hole ... "

I basicly only had into them your costs due to acquiring them in a bulk transaction.

Probably saw the same set on saturday. He must of come down on his asking price. He was originally asking $250 and they had an inch of grease on the inside of the covers.
Ha, I seen the same ones EARLY Sat morning. He told me $250, I looked him without even smiling and said, "I get the motor too, right?" He was not impressed....neither was I. I sold my original 65's for a $50 bill about 8 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back