Status
Not open for further replies.

John Brayton

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get a 65 Barracuda with four speed and slant six on the road. I need the z-bar (clutch torque shaft and linkage) to finish the project. Hope someone out there has one.

Regards,
John Brayton

you asked before , correct. I emailed you with an offer but I never heard back.
red

you can lead a horse to water, ....

you asked before , correct. I emailed you with an offer but I never heard back.
red

you can lead a horse to water, ....

Hi Red,

Did not get your earlier e-mail. I'm still looking for a 65 z-bar with both pivot ends and push rod. What do you have?

Regards,
John Brayton

You can even use a 6 cyl one......you just cut off a bit on the bell housing end.

You can even use a 6 cyl one......you just cut off a bit on the bell housing end.

Hi Cudamark,

This car is a slant six and I've been told the 3 speed unit is the same as a 4 speed (Don't know this for a fact but sounds reasonable). I'm going to the event in Redwood City on the 25th to search for a z-bar (and to have fun!). Thanks for your help!

John Brayton

Hi Cudamark,

This car is a slant six and I've been told the 3 speed unit is the same as a 4 speed (Don't know this for a fact but sounds reasonable). I'm going to the event in Redwood City on the 25th to search for a z-bar (and to have fun!). Thanks for your help!

John Brayton
Yes, the 3 speed and 4 speed /6 cars use the same Z-bar. '62-6 should all interchange. The '67-up Z-bars are quite different. The V8 Z-bars are too short to use on a 6cyl. I misread your original post. I thought you were converting to a V8 for some reason.

I have the slant six ball stud bracket that bolts to bell housing, and a z- bar but not sure if its a slant six or v8 z bar though?

Hi Guys,

Thanks to the forum I was able to purchase the correct z-bar and pivot ends today. The price was fair and the seller was thoughtful when sending photos. I hope to get the 65 on the road next week when the parts arrive.

Regards,
John Brayton

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back