Wtb i need a 6.1 aluminum intake

-

gtxclone

Reaction score
hello guys i want to buy an aluminum 6.1 intake to put on my 2008 5.7 i know i will need the kit to adapt it but i want to have it polished if anyone has one let me know

If your motor is from a car you can simply bolt the intake on, although there will be a mismatch between the intake ports and head ports as the 6.1L hemi has larger ports. If your motor has eagle heads it's a direct bolt on as the eagle port sizes are the same as the 6.1.

If you want to simply bolt it on you can, though the mismatch will cost you some torque and HP. You can remove the heads from the motor and gasket match them to the 6.1L intake.

If your motor is from a truck the 6.1L intake manifold throttle body will hit the accessories. With that in mind, you have a couple of options. First you can swap over to car accessories. Second, you can make spacers and move the intake manifold and throttle body up so that it will clear the accessories. Third, you can cut or machine the front accessories to clear the throttle body and make some new brackets.

Here's a write up on how to do that.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=198158

Regards,

Joe Dokes

We offer them polished let me know if you need to purchase a core. We also are the manufacture for the adapter plates .

-
Back