[SOLD] WTB small block carb ASAP

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways....................
Steve, if it was me I would run a Eddy 600 on the 273 for break in and full time.
For the break in, all you need it to do is idle at Comp Cams specs, for their amount of time.
I like their break in oil as well. In my opinion that carb will be a great match for the 273, right out of the box. If anything, just a little leaning of the primaries with nothing but a 30 second rod change. But any tunning like that can be done down the rode.

Hopefully "THIS" helps. :D

So........................ did you even get a carb yet??? I was dumbfounded that there are over 2 1/2 pages of useless dribble here to a simple request for a carb. If this hasn't been resolved yet by Nite Move's offer for a carb, let me know Steve. I will personally send you one of the extra carbs that I have that has been on a running, driving engine that should be in tune enough to break in a cam!!!

How would a lad in Steve's shoes "tune" a carb on an engine that isn't even broke in yet anyway?? Isn't he going to have his hands full with checking timing, maintaining correct RPM, monitoring for leaks, temp changes and a myriad of other things, that he would still have time to "tune" a carb to perfection??? Could a brand new carb straight out of the box possibly be that far off that he couldn't put it on and run the motor long enough to break in the cam??

Just sayin'!!! Geof

So........................ did you even get a carb yet??? I was dumbfounded that there are over 2 1/2 pages of useless dribble here to a simple request for a carb. If this hasn't been resolved yet by Nite Move's offer for a carb, let me know Steve. I will personally send you one of the extra carbs that I have that has been on a running, driving engine that should be in tune enough to break in a cam!!!

How would a lad in Steve's shoes "tune" a carb on an engine that isn't even broke in yet anyway?? Isn't he going to have his hands full with checking timing, maintaining correct RPM, monitoring for leaks, temp changes and a myriad of other things, that he would still have time to "tune" a carb to perfection??? Could a brand new carb straight out of the box possibly be that far off that he couldn't put it on and run the motor long enough to break in the cam??

Just sayin'!!! Geof

Hey Geof.. this has got to be one of my most "successful" posts yet!! LOL Thanks for the offer!! I was hoping/thinking that someone on here might have a brand new one and they changed plans and want to sell it. Whitepunkonnitro offered me a 600 Holley, but Im being picky I guess and want an Edelbrock. I found a brand new in the box 1405 Edelbrock I am just trying to hook up with the guy..bout a 2 hour trek each way for me, then I still have to get the elec choke for it, but right now the choke is the least of my worries. Lotsa people stepped up and offered help in one way shape or form and both dad and I are grateful!! Weird how it went sideways in the 1st page?? Thanks again for the offer! Did ya ever sell the little dart vert we talked about??

thanks
4spdragtop

The little silver car is gone............ off to Louisiana with an oil rigger who wants a top down that he doesn't have to worry about restoring or anything, just wants to drive it as is!! I think it found a good home!!

I have the other 66 convertible still and I am rounding up stuff to make a clone of the blue car, then me and the Mrs. are trading ownership. She wants a convertible but loves her car so I thought a clone of it in top down form was a perfect solution!! And I get to drop my 340 into the FB cause she wants her motor!!!

Hope you get your Dad's motor all straightened around and it's on the road soon. If I can do anything to help, just message!!! Geof

I figgered that little vert wouldnt last! Glad someone is enjoying it. So the bride is getting the vert?? What about the black one you just got, you keeping it?? thanks for the offer/help/advice!!

Well Steve, I currently have my GTX up for sale, so if that sells I am going to take a few $$$ and upgrade some things on this 66. I have it insured and plated and have been driving it around town to get some miles on it and see what needs attention. Man, it runs like a top and everything works, thats a HUGE plus!! She still smokes and I haven't had much luck with the usual miracle cures, although it is a lot better than it was just from driving it.

If the GTX doesn't sell, I am probably going to put the black 66 up for sale, I think it will sell. It's a sweet little car that is a blast to drive and would make someone a great little car!! (secretly hoping to keep it!!!)

Keep us posted on Dads car!! I hope to see it in a "Hurray" thread, coming to a drive in near me soon!!! Geof

Not yet, I still havent firmed up a carb yet!! LOL Anyone have a new one for sale??

Steve
Didnt a couple people offer you a carb ?
Shouldnt be that hard to get. Its an Eddy 600.
They made millions of them...:glasses7:

Not fair to lock the thread.
Lock the violator.

Exactly! JD, I had a couple members offer theirs up to borrow, but am looking to buy one. I checked online and it looks like $300 US plus shipping and taxes, so almost $400 by the time it gets to dads door. I just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone had one for sale.

Thanks
Steve

Just sayin'!!! Geof
I would have to agree with you 100%.......No idea what the hell happened.Hope you get this rectified Steve. Best of luck

Sorry I didn't realize you where that flush I'll sell you mine if you can't get one closer ,it was on my 318 for a year or so but still looks new and they are plug and play simple , a local had asked about it but hasn't found an intake for his 383 imperial yet so if you can't get one from someone else I'll sell you mine for 200 shipped ,I just thought you were going to use it for 15 minutes so why buy if you can borrow /

Sorry I didn't realize you where that flush I'll sell you mine if you can't get one closer ,it was on my 318 for a year or so but still looks new and they are plug and play simple , a local had asked about it but hasn't found an intake for his 383 imperial yet so if you can't get one from someone else I'll sell you mine for 200 shipped ,I just thought you were going to use it for 15 minutes so why buy if you can borrow /

Thanks Nuck!! I should know by the end of this weekend!

Thanks
Steve

Ok, so back in the hunt...buddy backed out of the deal with his new 1405 Eddy....Im looking for a new 1405 or 1406 Eddy asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back