WTF at the drags last night

-

ef8340

Reaction score
well me and my wife decided to go out last night a local car club was having a cruise in so we went but nothing was happining so we went to the dragstrip test and tune was going on and we got there kinda early but to my horror there was only 1 old mopar there 70 challenger and that was it acouple newer dodges but we didnt really want to see those as we already seen some on the highway going there! it was mustang after mustang and camaro after camaro kinda like a asshole convention ! then the rice was there too but where are the mopars? we did enjoy our time out but was kinda let down on our flavor of cars not being there

Mopes are pretty scarce at the track here too.
Curtis in a low 9 sec Coronet. (board member here)
Josh in a mid 10 sec smallblocked challenger. (board member here)
Josh was the track champion last year.

We had Tammy's dart out there consistently for a couple of years too. But except for the ones mentioned, I hardly ever see one at the track.

Go race yours! I plan to have Tammy's 66 up and running with a fresh 340 for next season.

ive only seen a hand full of mopars at the two tracks near me. a couple dusters, few darts, and few b bodies but no e bodies. can't wait till my duster is done to be out there showing that mopars are still around.

i don't normally go to the track very much but the last time i had my 64 dart there, there was only one other mopar, a 70dart. it was NICE full on race car but they asked me to line up with them every pass so it would be mopar only for those passes. i didn't do to well on the timeslips but it sure was fun and those guys were really cool. made my day.
-Tim

mopars dont usualy ger invited to drags where chevys and fords play they too worried about having their @$$es handed to them

I took mine to T&T a month ago and not only are the mopars severely outnumbered but it seems the american brands are outnumbered these days. I plan to only go to T&T if I absolutely have to. With 400 cars showing up on a typical Wednesday night, you can sit in the lanes for over an hour for each run you make.

Went to the races today with my 73 Dart Sport 340,made a couple passes for fun.There was alot of Stangs and Camero,s and a few Mopars,3 Darts,1 Duster and my Dart Sport.

Waterdown swapmeet 029.jpg

Waterdown swapmeet 032.jpg

Waterdown swapmeet 031.jpg

-
Back