Wtf is wrong with employers these days?!

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So long story short, while I have a great job and don’t want to really leave it, I gotta ask wtf is up with hiring managers and employers these days?! Since May, I’ve been recruited heavily by multiple recruiters for various roles. I’ve accepted interviews to maybe 4 of them since they seemed like great opportunities. 3 of the 4 now, have had me do multiple interviews, all three have written out job offers to me, only to change the job location each time to several states away… like this last one, I even confirmed it was near to my house TWICE via email while we were interviewing and one more time when they said they’d be extending any offer. Nope, get the offer letter, position has changed it’s 2100 miles away, call them, nope not a mistake , we decided to move it to there.

Like what is the point of not being open about the job location or say it may be moving before extending an offer. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

So long story short, while I have a great job and don’t want to really leave it, I gotta ask wtf is up with hiring managers and employers these days?! Since May, I’ve been recruited heavily by multiple recruiters for various roles. I’ve accepted interviews to maybe 4 of them since they seemed like great opportunities. 3 of the 4 now, have had me do multiple interviews, all three have written out job offers to me, only to change the job location each time to several states away… like this last one, I even confirmed it was near to my house TWICE via email while we were interviewing and one more time when they said they’d be extending any offer. Nope, get the offer letter, position has changed it’s 2100 miles away, call them, nope not a mistake , we decided to move it to there.

Like what is the point of not being open about the job location or say it may be moving before extending an offer. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Just because they can, and do. They would be the last companies I would work for.

I would put it in writing, that if they change the location they owe you a fine of 1500 bucks

Wouldnt go anywhere but might weed some of them out

I would put it in writing, that if they change the location they owe you a fine of 1500 bucks

Wouldnt go anywhere but might weed some of them out
And they wonder why people don’t want to return to work. People figured out other ways to survive during the shut downs.

I’m anti union as hell and extreme pro capitalist but there is an ethical line there about wasting peoples time and energy. But like mike said, it’s because they can.

Oh well, back to dedicating my efforts to starting my own business.

What are you getting into?
Right now, goat milk and related products. Eventually duck eggs, quail eggs and meat goats.

In the spring, I’m also going to selling tree saplings . I don’t expect to get rich off of any of it but enough to cover most monthly expenses would be the goal.

Employers are ridiculous these days with treating employees like expendable assets instead of actual people. It took me about 5 months of applications (majority of course went unanswered) and interviews to finally land at my current job which I am loving so far; my company has excellent benefits and actually cares about its employees. Our CEO is also a pretty stand-up, no-BS guy so that's reassuring. I turned down a couple positions and was thankful in hindsight to be not selected by some others due to the "vibe" I got during interviews and what I found through some research.

I highly recommend using Glassdoor.com and Indeed.com to look at employer reviews by people who are current or previous employees, I found them extremely helpful in my job search.

I agree on not being a fan of unions but somehow, someway big business needs a serious fire lit under their asses to knock off this horseshit. The greed and selfishness of executives is wrecking our economy.

Sounds like a blast

Specially if you are self sustaining farming and having a little left over

Come to think of it, sounds like you dropped 2 centuries in the past, awesome

Sounds like a blast

Yeah that’s the long term plan. My kids started 4H this past year and the wife got us back into goats . When I was a kid, all we had was goat milk and what we couldn’t use, went to the cats. Now a days with all the social media and other platforms, it should give us more lanes to sell in, plus I intend to do local stuff.

To start with, I’m staying away from edible items. That just is a can of worms I’m not ready for yet.

Working on the garden for next year already, but there’s an over crowded market place for anything in that realm. Goat wise, there’s other goat farms in the county, but none do dairy. The ROI on dairy isn’t as profitable as meat goats, which have a massive ROI and require far less human work.

I've been through similar issues with potential employers, one of them, a multinational corporation put me through 3 interviews, all of which I got through very easily thanks to decades of experience in the field, then offered me the job, which I accepted, only to end up being ghosted by the HR department for weeks. I eventually got in touch with them and told them to shove the job up their collective ***. The kicker was that I had worked for them in the mid 1990s, but was only seasonal at the time.
Another one had advertised a specific position, which I was interested in and applied for, only to have them contact me with an offer for a completely different position. When I stated that I was not interested in the position being offered, but rather the one that I had applied for, the response was very unprofessional. Screw them too. Even the company I work for now was a bit of a hassle getting started. I had worked for them prior as well, but was laid off when they merged with another. It took almost 3 weeks from the day I was told that I had the job until I actually started working. I had already left my previous work, expecting to be starting almost immediately as I had been told they were in desperate need of help when I first interviewed. Uh huh, sure.

Sounds like a blast

Are you on bookface?

They are doing it to take you off the market for other potential employers. If you are under the impression they are interested in hiring you maybe you wont job hunt as hard . That way they have more time to interview others while still having you on the hook . Then if they choose someone else they tell you the job is across the country instead of “sorry not interested “. Cowards!
For those of you that are anti union you should be aware employers have unions… they are called trade organizations.
They have meetings and compare wages and benefits with each other so that no one pays too much . Not all industries do this but probably 90% . I was in the car biz for 35 years and for them it was the NADA… National Automobile Dealers Association. They would have dealers bring their financials to compare labor costs and collectively make agreements on pay scales and bennies . Almost every dealer in the country has a similar pay program …. Coincidence ????

Try being late 50s-early 60s. From the middle of 2017 to the middle of 2021 I applied for probably more than 200 jobs that I was very qualified for. Less than 10 even responded. I had three interviews and got two jobs out of it (both temp). One place that didn't respond was one that I did work temp for through Volt. They didn't respond because they didn't think they could afford me. One company even invited me to apply for a job that their screening system said I wasn't qualified for...I'm fully retired now (sort of...), but it's ugly out there.

Oh well, back to dedicating my efforts to starting my own business.
If you have the drive and dedication it is the hardest job you will ever love. Being in a niche market requires proper presentation (advertising/marketing) but with the internet the sky is the limit. Good luck from another entrepreneur.

If you have the drive and dedication it is the hardest job you will ever love. Being in a niche market requires proper presentation (advertising/marketing) but with the internet the sky is the limit. Good luck from another entrepreneur.
I’d love to rack your brain sometime on just getting started

Try being late 50s-early 60s. From the middle of 2017 to the middle of 2021 I applied for probably more than 200 jobs that I was very qualified for. Less than 10 even responded. I had three interviews and got two jobs out of it (both temp). One place that didn't respond was one that I did work temp for through Volt. They didn't respond because they didn't think they could afford me. One company even invited me to apply for a job that their screening system said I wasn't qualified for...I'm fully retired now (sort of...), but it's ugly out there.
Yeah, I turned 60 this year, last thing I want to do is have to look for another job, only things in my favor are my health is excellent and I'm in a high demand occupation.

They are doing it to take you off the market for other potential employers. If you are under the impression they are interested in hiring you maybe you wont job hunt as hard . That way they have more time to interview others while still having you on the hook . Then if they choose someone else they tell you the job is across the country instead of “sorry not interested “. Cowards!
For those of you that are anti union you should be aware employers have unions… they are called trade organizations.
They have meetings and compare wages and benefits with each other so that no one pays too much . Not all industries do this but probably 90% . I was in the car biz for 35 years and for them it was the NADA… National Automobile Dealers Association. They would have dealers bring their financials to compare labor costs and collectively make agreements on pay scales and bennies . Almost every dealer in the country has a similar pay program …. Coincidence ????
Funny thing is, I wasn’t job hunting to begin with , they found me haha

I remember when I was job hunting near the end of my time at unnamed bs auto tech school. I learned that an entry level position means having 15+ years of experience. I know why there is a shortage of auto techs and this is just part of it.

I love my union, never going back to non union work I can tell you that for free!!! 49ers operators union. Healthcare and decent wages and union stewards that have your back instead of the coward employers

I've been transferred and on a plane across the globe within 24 hrs, even had to leave the family and dog in the states. The pay wasn't that great and it wasn't the adventure I was promised. lol

-
Back