yes, i found another a body fan!

-

rabius75

Reaction score
i saw one of the darts i saw the other day driving down the road again today, i figured it out, they live on the other end of my road!
now, i just need to catch them out in public somewhere so i dont look like a nut and come to there house to talk about their car...
mopar buddies are a rare find.. (like you guys dont know that.)

Hello, my name is Brian Carotenuto, and I have a 4 door sedan as well, I can tell you a little bit about mine, in case you didn't see my introductory post on the old board. My '68 Valiant is a Valiant 100. The Valiant 100 was the base Valiant that was offered up until 1969. The trim level on my car would be considered "Low" and pretty basic, little or no chrome accents and no accessory lighting package. The 'high' trim level for the Valiant was called the Valiant Signet. My late grandfather on my mother's side of the family had a 1968 Valiant Signet 4 door sedan the same color as mine, some of the differences between the both of them are that he had the 225 cid Slant Six engine, "Super 225" as opposed to the 170 cid slant six engine that was also offered. My car has the entry level small block V8 engine, the 273. My car has vinyl seating and a rubber flooring surface, (No carpet, that was part of the Signet package) some of the other differences are chrome accents around the wheel wells, a finish panel across the front of the trunk, vinyl and cloth seating cigarette lighter and steering wheel with horn ring. The transmissions are the same in both my grandfather's and my car, they use the Torqueflite 904 3 speed automatic transmission. The gas mileage isn't great, but for my purposes it's OK with me. I purchased my car from the original owner (90 year old lady) last July. Since purchasing the car, I have had to either upgrade or replace or repair different things. I have had to replace the power steering pump and related hoses, had the radiator recored using a bigger heavy duty radiator core, new hoses, battery, thermostat etc. I most recently had to have the transmission rebuilt, the bands were starting to go and the seals needed to be replaced. I still have the original AM thumbwheel radio in the car. I have had to replace the original radio with a reconditioned AM thumbwheel radio. It doesn't bother me that it is just AM. My car brings back alot of happy memories of going for rides with my grandparents and being with the special people in my life that meant the most to me. I lost my grandfather back in 1985 when I was 14 years old, I still miss him, but having this car, even though it is not the exact one that he had owned, still brings back the warm fuzzy feelings that I remember. If I can be of any assistance, let me know.

Brian

-
Back