Yet ANOTHER Hemi swap, but need input

-

Ronald C.

Reaction score
so, like the other post, decided to change direction and do a Hemi swap in. I’m sure most of the answers to my questions are in various other post but having difficulty putting all the comments together.

I have a (now) stripped down 1974 Dart Sport, factory V8 cross member (Spool type mounts I think?) with PS and PB.

Questions are this:
What is a reasonable $ for a low mileage 5.7 for drop in/plug and play excluding all the necessary electronics?
Can I use my stock K member knowing that eventually (no time soon) I will change it out?
What mods are needed to the steering column (it is floor shift if that matters)?
Can I keep the current PS / gearbox just change out the reservoir for clearance?

Shoehorning it into the car does not concern me. It’s more the K member, PS/PB, and column that I need input on....

Thank you in advance!

D687AE20-C2F6-4726-BCAB-EEFD0DC57A44.jpeg

EFF3A0E5-B32F-4820-B52F-122985D83BE4.jpeg

Schumacher creative services. $259 plus $20 shipping. Direct bolt in a 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi in a 73-76 A body V8 K frame. A bargain at that price to not have to engineer it yourself. Bolt in an A500 or A518 behind it and only have to mod torsion bar crossmember and mount.

Screenshot_20190602-110911.png

Not sure on the gearbox, but a borgeson would give you more room if you need it. An alternative is using a mamual box and electric power steering under the dash adapted out of a toyota yaris.

Was eyeing a 904 transmission behind it as I already have one on the shelf, and US car has a pre fab cross member. But not having to mod my K member would be a complete score to start

A727 and A904 transmissions work with your existing trans crossmember unmodified. The US car tool crossmember setup is for a mopar overdrive trans A500 42RH or A518 46RH.

A727 and A904 transmissions work with your existing trans crossmember unmodified. The US car tool cross member setup is for a Mopar overdrive trans A500 42RH or A518 46RH.
I thought the 904 required a diff cross member. But if it does NOT, well that means this is getting better and better!

If you haven't bought a motor yet, I'm gonna sell mine and all the swap stuff to go with it. 2006 5.7 with 6K miles, Moroso pan and pickup already installed. TTI headers and motor mounts. Modified spool mount k member and drivers side mount so the 5.7 AC compressor can stay in its factory location. It was set up for a factory manual steering box, but I'm pretty sure a Borgeson box will fit. You can PM me if interested.

I am actually in the process of buying one similar to what you have. If it doesn't work out though, Ill keep you in mind.

I am curious though, what mods need to be made to the DS mount in order to keep the factory AC compressor where it came?

-
Back