yet another SS fish clone

-

airwoofer

Drivetrain limit explorer
Reaction score
These cars are coming out of the woodwork with this economy. Good for folks with dry powder but those are few and far between...

This car is painted the same color about like I want my fish to be. :glasses7: Mine will never look this nice. Way too high a price IMO. This is gonna be my blueprint ...stock interior except I have 2 tone headrest 67 seats. The guy didn't get the memo about the black engine compartments on the SS cars. Same exhaust scheme as I currently have dumping inside the rear wheels. Where is the elec radiator fan? Overall a super nice rod but I like the other clone's engine better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plym...0?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cbedfb6b4#v4-38

I think that car belongs to Mopar Grandpa here on the Forum

It's a top notch car...I have seen it. John is a member of our Indy Mopar Club
and is a past president.

John may have sold it to Masterpiece or they may be trying to sell
it for him.

It is a very nice car. You guys up there do nice work! I love the details like the frame connectors. Mine won't be that nice but it is about the same color as I want. Same idea with the stock interior also on a hotrod. Mine has a few otherthings on it like a driveshaft loop so my exhaust is closer to the TTI premade X pipe

You see that white one I also just posted?

Masterpiece is probably just marketing for a cut of the moolah.

Tony, can you try to get me more details on the paint?

It is a very nice car. You guys up there do nice work! I love the details like the frame connectors. Mine won't be that nice but it is about the same color as I want. Same idea with the stock interior also on a hotrod. Mine has a few otherthings on it like a driveshaft loop so my exhaust is closer to the TTI premade X pipe

You see that white one I also just posted?

Masterpiece is probably just marketing for a cut of the moolah.

Tony, can you try to get me more details on the paint?

I can, but you might try sending Mopar Grandpa a PM

I'll see what I can come up with.

I don't think the owner was trying to clone an SS car. I think he just wanted a super nice 2nd Gen with a Hemi in it. Nice Car, but about 40k north of market value IMO

Steve
68 Vert
Charleston SC

if I had the money I would jump on it. super nice car my hats off to the owner.:prayer:........Artie
Airwoffer: just send me a PM and I'll give you the paint info that you want.
For those of you that think the car is WAY overpriced......you go build one to this quality and see how much you end up spending. Quality doesn't come cheap.
And for everyone's information I have taken the car to Masterpiece as their connections around the globe and around the industry reach a lot further than mine. I still own the car and there are no fees due until the car is sold. So if it sits in their showroom for a year my cost is ZERO. These are some of the nicest people I have ever met and if they get the car sold they deserve some $$. BTW, $85K doesn't even come close to the build cost.
Have a great day.

Mopar Grandpa like I said that is an excellant car and I am trying to something similar but starting with a really ratty 68 and not near as much moolah. yes, I will PM as I would like to know about the paint process and color. That looks really really nice.

Good luck on the sale. Some folks still have money, just not us 99%ers.

I don't think the owner was trying to clone an SS car. I think he just wanted a super nice 2nd Gen with a Hemi in it.

Steve
68 Vert
Charleston SC
Steve: You are correct....I did not clone a SS car. I purposely built a street version of the factory prepared SS/A car that Chrysler built back in 1968. This car doesn't have a roll cage and it has never been down the drag strip, although it has been at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indy many, many times.

For those that have seen the car they will tell you it isn't a car that was built to run the NHRA circuit. The SS/AH cars are running 850+ h.p., mine is 511. Don't think I would be too much of a threat.

Only thing I didnt see in the ad was

magazine car.

I told Mopar Grandpa I always know his ad when I read that.

Good luck with the sale

Scott

Mopar Grandpa like I said that is an excellant car and I am trying to something similar but starting with a really ratty 68 and not near as much moolah. yes, I will PM as I would like to know about the paint process and color. That looks really really nice.

Good luck on the sale. Some folks still have money, just not us 99%ers.
A very wise car salesman told me this...."there is a butt for every seat". It will eventually sell but it will take the "right" buyer, someone that understands what I built and someone that really appreciates the quality of the build. I hired some of the best in the industry and it shows. I'm not bragging on myself, just bragging on the folks I hired.

A very wise car salesman told me this...."there is a butt for every seat". It will eventually sell but it will take the "right" buyer, someone that understands what I built and someone that really appreciates the quality of the build. I hired some of the best in the industry and it shows. I'm not bragging on myself, just bragging on the folks I hired.

I've said it before and I will say it again...that 'Cuda is top shelf!

Only thing I didnt see in the ad was

magazine car.

I told Mopar Grandpa I always know his ad when I read that.

Good luck with the sale

Scott
Scott: You didn't look at the pictures, the pictures show the magazine. Quit reading the description and look at the pictures like I do. Words are for smart people.

-
Back