You only live once, and Life is short, so when the urge strikes...

-

ProjectBazza

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and sign the driveway.

IMG_5985.JPG

Or if you're ever in the neighborhood, feel free to autograph mine!

I just got mine repaved... Not doing that soon

No pic, but years ago we moved into our first house on a cul-de-sac in a brand new development. I had a built '69 Swinger 340 and my new neighbor across the cul-de-sac had a built SBC in his '57 Chevy Cameo pickup. I came home one day and found he'd done a burnout from the edge of my driveway to his. I immediately returned the favor.
The neighbor kids in the other houses all got a kick out of seeing us "repaint" that crosswalk across the cul-de-sac from time to time.
Good times!
All of the other houses on the cul-de-sac have changed owners and current neighbors wouldn't like it at all, but I may have to do it just once when I get my current '69 Dart finished.

No pic, but years ago we moved into our first house on a cul-de-sac in a brand new development. I had a built '69 Swinger 340 and my new neighbor across the cul-de-sac had a built SBC in his '57 Chevy Cameo pickup. I came home one day and found he'd done a burnout from the edge of my driveway to his. I immediately returned the favor.
The neighbor kids in the other houses all got a kick out of seeing us "repaint" that crosswalk across the cul-de-sac from time to time.
Good times!
All of the other houses on the cul-de-sac have changed owners and current neighbors wouldn't like it at all, but I may have to do it just once when I get my current '69 Dart finished.
add some bleach just for xtra fun for the new neighbors..LOL

Good times!
Love it!

We live in a neighborhood the encircles a small wetland/swamp/pond, depending on how much rain we've gotten recently, and since it's "just us" who goes in there, it's pretty quiet. Several of the neighbor kids have go-carts and/or minibikes, and on most weekends they can be seen driving around the pond at 20-30 MPH or so and having a great time. We don't mind, and we know to keep an eye out for them when we have to run into town for an errand.

But two of the neighbors "on the loop" are complete a-holes when it comes to this, and already this spring the Federales have been called-out a couple times (complaints about the kids), or so I've been told. I don't have a dog in this fight (no kids, latest people to move-in, etc), but I can't shake the feeling that I want to do a huge, smoky burnout on the street right outside their houses.

Immature? Sure! But I'm pushing 60, and who knows when my ticket will get punched, so...Screw 'em!

Love it!

We live in a neighborhood the encircles a small wetland/swamp/pond, depending on how much rain we've gotten recently, and since it's "just us" who goes in there, it's pretty quiet. Several of the neighbor kids have go-carts and/or minibikes, and on most weekends they can be seen driving around the pond at 20-30 MPH or so and having a great time. We don't mind, and we know to keep an eye out for them when we have to run into town for an errand.

But two of the neighbors "on the loop" are complete a-holes when it comes to this, and just this spring the Federales have been called a couple times, or so I've been told. I don't have a dog in this fight (no kids, latest people to move-in, etc), but I can't shake the feeling that I want to do a huge, smoke burnoput on the street right opustide their house.

Immature? Sure! But I'm pushing 60, and who knows when my ticket will get punched, so...Screw 'em!
We live in a tiny 600 population town with quite a few gearheads. The lady that owns the local watering hole has a large asphalt parking lot. She is up for anything that brings business to the small town bar. A few years ago we had a bleach burnout night which was tolerated for a while until the mayor got called. He is a cool guy but had to do his job. The next year I was leaving to meet up there in the daytime so the noise wouldn't be a problem and my wife caught me leaving with her laundry bleach...When it was all over with, I had to go to the store in a bigger town to buy my own...LOL

add some bleach just for xtra fun for the new neighbors..LOL
Oh, God! I just remembered...

Back in High School when I had my first '69 Mustang, I took some windshield washer squirters from an old Ford van (they stood "proud" of the sheetmetal about an inch or so), and I mounted them on the vertical sheetmetal lip formed by the inner and outer rear quarters, and aimed at the front of the rear tires. With a washer reservoir in the trunk filled with bleach, and a momentray button laying on the floor under the seat....

Even an 8" "one wheel wonder", and an anemic 289-2V, will spin them both if properly....uh....motivated!

Good times!

We live in a tiny 600 population town with quite a few gearheads. The lady that owns the local watering hole has a large asphalt parking lot. She is up for anything that brings business to the small town bar. A few years ago we had a bleach burnout night which was tolerated for a while until the mayor got called. He is a cool guy but had to do his job. The next year I was leaving to meet up there in the daytime so the noise wouldn't be a problem and my wife caught me leaving with her laundry bleach...When it was all over with, I had to go to the store in a bigger town to buy my own...LOL
Liquid bleach as a budget item!

Great story, thanks!

Back in High School when I had my first '69 Mustang, I took some windshield washer squirters from an old Ford van (they stood "proud" of the sheetmetal about an inch or so), and I mounted them on the vertical sheetmetal lip formed by the inner and outer rear quarters, and aimed at the front of the rear tires. With a washer reservoir in the trunk filled with bleach, and a momentray button laying on the floor under the seat....

Even an 8" "one wheel wonder", and an anemic 289-2V, will spin them both if properly....uh....motivated!

Good times!
That's hilarious...as I have always wanted to do a similar thing. I thought I was the only idiot who would want do something so silly...

Love it!

But two of the neighbors "on the loop" are complete a-holes when it comes to this, and already this spring the Federales have been called-out a couple times (complaints about the kids), or so I've been told. I don't have a dog in this fight (no kids, latest people to move-in, etc), but I can't shake the feeling that I want to do a huge, smoky burnout on the street right outside their houses.

It would be so worth it!!:poke::thumbsup:

That's hilarious...as I have always wanted to do a similar thing. I thought I was the only idiot who would want do something so silly...

You're not alone!
With my old '69 340 Swinger I was very tempted to rig up something like that over the rear tires using the windshield washer foot-pump bellows...an on-demand burnout water box!

Holes in the pavement years after an pretty good burnout.

0417142001-01.jpg

Long distance rear window shot of said burnout.
467446_10201314304366746_1580631727_o[1].jpg

467446_10201314304366746_1580631727_o[1]-edit-20240514175826.jpg

Good times!
My 68 Fairlane 500 with it's 2 bbl 289 was very good at the "one wheel" smokeshow, and I was never shy about lighting it up. Maybe that's why the transmission fried!

My friend has a roundabout right next to his house. He took his 2008 SRT8 Challenger and smoked it all around the circle 3 times

The burnouts in front of our buddies house were so bad a Facebook post from the city was put up. Funny thing is that his house was outside city limits by a half mile.

You're not alone!
With my old '69 340 Swinger I was very tempted to rig up something like that over the rear tires using the windshield washer foot-pump bellows...an on-demand burnout water box!
me also , but never did...

Love it!

You're not immature, or old, you're "well seasoned"!

You're not alone!

i got one of those doohickeys, its called a line lock
hit the brakes, put on the line lock, let off the brakes, and 400 horsies to the rear have no issue breaking those drag radials loose

My friend has a roundabout right next to his house. He took his 2008 SRT8 Challenger and smoked it all around the circle 3 times

1715804598620.png

i got one of those doohickeys, its called a line lock
hit the brakes, put on the line lock, let off the brakes, and 400 horsies to the rear have no issue breaking those drag radials loose

View attachment 1716250252

Nice.
My Sons prude ex girlfriend worked in a salon in the same parking lot as the local Safeway store.
Him and I pulled up right in front of the big picture windows, set the line lock and did a 1-2-3 shift smoke show.
Kinda surprised me to hear people screaming like they did.
You would have thought they just saw a scene in a really scary movie.:D

-
Back