your 440 set up

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
well I am rebuilding my 440 and I dont know much about mopar engines so I want to see what other put put inside there 440s.
No strokers plz:happy1::prayer:

Rings, pistons, cam & lifters etc......Your ? is kinda generic....what do you want to do with it???

Keep the stock rods, If you have the forged crank go for it. But keep in mind what you have now is probably in balanced. If all you want is 400-450 hp your cast crank, rods and even them pistons with the 516 heads with some work will get you waht you want. Select a cam intake and carb i bet your right in the middle of what you want. If its been 0 decked like you say.

Application?
Budget?
Current status of "core" engine?
Auto or Manual?
Desired outcome?
Things you won't change? (i.e. rear end ratio, torque converter, manifolds, etc)

Mine isnt built but here is the recipe ill be using

440 block .030 over
stock forged crank
stock rods
about 9.7 to 1 compression with ICON forged pistons
mild port 452 heads
Lunati 60341 solid cam

Started w/ a 73 long block out of an Imperial. Engine had a forged crank and rods. Tore it down. Turned the crank 10/10 with new bearings. Reconned the rods w/ARP bolts. New Cloyes dbl roller chain. Crower SS Cam .510 lift 292 duration(same Cam profile from the 426 max wedge) Sealed Power 10.5/1 flat top pistons fly cut for valve clearance. Melling hi-vol. oil pump-modified, and added 1/2 in. pickup tube. 8 qt. Moroso pan and windage tray. Edelbrock Torker high rise port matched, 750 Holley DBL pumper. 906 heads fully ported, polished, bronze guides, matching springs for the cam set at 120 lbs. seat pressure. 2.14 intake and 1.81 exhaust valves, titanium keepers and retainers, Crane aluminum rollers. Block was bored .030 over, competition honed, decked .010, all oil passages opened and deburred, ARP main bolts, brass freeze plugs. MSD distributor, Hooker Super Comps-ceramic coated. All new seals, gaskets.

-
Back