Zombie Dart! '72 Dodge Dart

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
This Dart is gonna be my daily driver and the goal is to get the brakes working good and it running reliably before next week is over. I traded my Stratus for this Dart from 340plot that came with quite an abundance of extras. Its a 318 2 bbl, 727, 7 1/4 car with a bench seat with some beaten springs. It runs strong and it drives, but I have yet to drive it cuz of the brakes being pretty bad. The goal with the project is gonna be to make a fun little daily driver that handles well. I think I may drop a 360-based stroker in in the future.

First problem to be conquered: It has a point style ignition and at the moment, it could run for an hour or 10 minutes and then it just turns off like the key did it, but I have yet to witness this failure as the battery needs charging before it will even start.

So here's what I am working with so far, its a pretty damn solid start, just a little ugly, but oh well, let me get it running and driving good first and then I will take care of the body.

To elaborate on why I dont have the GT anymore, its a long long story.:munky2:
More pics tomorrow as its too dark to get any good pics.

Attachments

• SSPX0134.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,401
  • SSPX0135.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,391
  • SSPX0133.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2,392
Looks like a good start. Man I wish I had an A-body for a daily, drive. Mines a '91 or '93 (don't remember) ford ranger with the 7ft bed. It may be a 4 cylinder but at least its a 5 speed:burnout: with no rot & it was free! Got it from my uncle who bought it new.8) Any way good luck:happy10:

P.S. I love the '72 grill. It seems like every one likes the '70-'71 but theres something about a '72 grill that I =P~

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???????????????? GFET TO WORK.LOL J/K

i am sure you will be more than happy with it. it is solid, as the guy i just bought it from said. after thinking about it, i have to look, but i had a msd 6al laying around. let me see if i can find it, and i will send it to you

congrads dartt. You deserve it as a young very active member of FABO. I wish I could have an A body as a daily driver. Keep us posted with lots of pictures!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???????????????? GFET TO WORK.LOL J/K

i am sure you will be more than happy with it. it is solid, as the guy i just bought it from said. after thinking about it, i have to look, but i had a msd 6al laying around. let me see if i can find it, and i will send it to you
You Rock 340plot!!! I just haven't gotten a ride to get the battery charged yet, but as I told you, Im already messing with the headlamps and stuff, tomorrow, the bumper and rear valance should be on and I hope to have the running problem solved!

Well.....since it's dead, zombie is a good name. Hopefully it will be undead soon.

Yours is a late build 72 and high price class. Mine is early, low price class, and is GY8 with a GY4 interior.
Yeah, Im thinking of dying the back seat white and black and popping in the black racing seats I have that I got from 340plot. I may rip out the carpet tomorrow just to get the carpet safe

I have to say that Im pretty upset to see that you have my Dart. I was made to believe that in selling the Car I would have the first chance to buy it back! I was also under the the understanding that my dart was going to a good home. Not to be sold a week later! I'm not mad at you, hell I actually wanna wish you good luck, but as far as 340plot goes, Im pretty disgusted by him, he is here for the money not the mopars!!!!!!

I have to say that Im pretty upset to see that you have my Dart. I was made to believe that in selling the Car I would have the first chance to buy it back! I was also under the the understanding that my dart was going to a good home. Not to be sold a week later! I'm not mad at you, hell I actually wanna wish you good luck, but as far as 340plot goes, Im pretty disgusted by him, he is here for the money not the mopars!!!!!!

and let me tell you something. lets no start a pc war on his thread. i am angry with alot you told me also. and i was offered a almost new car that my wife can drive, so , i look at it as i did not sell it outright for the money, but used it for something more feasible for the family. i am sorry if you have hard feelings, and i will PM you my hard feelings in a minute.

AND WHEN YOU LISTED THE CAR FOR SALE, IT NEVER SAID THAT IF IT IS RESOLD, THAT I MUST SELL IT BACK TO YOU. after we had agreed on a price on this site, you accepted my offer. and after getting in the truck to head out to you, you ask me if i have a winch on my trailer, that it wont stay running. point blank. you should of listed that in your for sale ad. AND AFTER THE CAR WAS ON THE TRAILER, YOU TELL ME THAT YOU WANT FIRST OPTION IF I SELL IT. I SHOULD OF CAME RIGHT OUT AND SAID IT TO YOUR FACE, YEA, RIGHT BUDDY. cause i was already heated over the starting issue, but had already planned the trip. so when i said sure, i was being sarcastic.

same as your ad says it came with a few manifolds...... but when i got there and seen the other manifold and carb sitting there, i asked you about it, and then you did not want to let it go with the car like your ad says, but as soon as i offered motre cash for it, you right away asked " how much cash i would give for it" that also ticked me off. so that is when i realized i did not need the manifold that bad

I knew that me starting a resto thread for this car was probably a bad idea...

All I wanted was an A-body to daily drive and that's what it will be made into. I promise I will take good care of the car chafin.

Dartt I apologize for this and look forward to watching your build!
I learned my lesson, don't deal with people you have a bad feeling with off the start!

Dartt I apologize for this and look forward to watching your build!
I learned my lesson, don't deal with people you have a bad feeling with off the start!

Aw, come on man, don't be mad. He didn't junk the car or have it crushed, he didn't ghetto it up and put big, chrome waggon wheels on it. He sold it to a fella who's gonna take good care of it and return it to it's former glory, and the best part is that now we all get to have a part in it's restoration. That's pretty cool.

Besides, once you sell something, it's gone. You really have no room, whatsoever, to be angry that 340plot made a decision to do whatever he saw fit with a car that he paid for with his own hard-earned cash. By that logic, he gets to be pissed at you if he disapproves of the way you spent his money.

Now, DarTT, what do you need for that thing? Let's get it going!

...And I'd just like to add that we all love boobs, and our love for Mopar and titties should be enough to keep us all from bickering at one another.

I need some signal bulbs, lol. and headlights and the buckets for 'em. May even need a battery now sadly.

I think all it really needs is small stuff like a coil and a gas tank cleaning and the such. Just some work and love to get it running reliably. Oh, and wheel cylinders rebuilt and new brake shoes.

I need some signal bulbs, lol. and headlights and the buckets for 'em. May even need a battery now sadly.

I think all it really needs is small stuff like a coil and a gas tank cleaning and the such. Just some work and love to get it running reliably. Oh, and wheel cylinders rebuilt and new brake shoes.

You're in luck! I have a few coils laying around. I've got 2 freshly (I mean, 3-week-old) rebuilt wheel cylinders for 9" drums. If that's what you need, let me know. I'll send 'em to you and you can concentrate on the battery and shoes.

I'll see what I can dig up in the way of headlights. Do you need buckets or bezels?

-
Back