10.5" to 11" Clutch???

-

69Dart

Reaction score
The orginal build on my son's 68 Dart was 8.75 rearend that was going to be setup mainly for the street. We chose a 10.5" clutch from South Bend Clutch and also a flywheel from 440Source. Now that the car is going to be backhalfed and hp will eventually be more than the 400...it was suggested by South Bend that we use the 11" instead. Now that we have all the parts for the 10.5...what will we need to change it to the 11" flavor? We actually have both clutches sitting on the shelf in the shop..so one will need to go back and the disk of the other will be sent back to have the other side ceramic coated...
Ideas?

Rick

My brother has a 68 super bee with a 400 big block 484 purple shaft cam,750 edelbrock carb,edelbrock performer, rpm intake,etc and is going to a 4 speed trans so I called Brewers performance and asked for a 10 1/2 " flywheel and a 11 " Scalloped Clutch and I was yold that clutch was alot more than needed. He also said it was good enough for @ 600 horses or so. By the way we did get the diaphram style pressure plate all from McCloud.I would suggest calling either brewers perfomance or the clutch manufacturer for their suggestions as per motor size ,bell housing size,rear end gear ,and tire size. Call around and see what is said from different companies and compare to see if any agree on application!! Good luck

-
Back