11.75 dia. rotor conversion

-

67redcudavert

Reaction score
I want to convert my 67 Barracuda over to 4.5 bolt pattern discs and while I'm at it go with the bigger rotor.

I know I need a different spindle so is there a car that would have the spindle and bracket for the larger rotor as well as the larger dust shields I need. Or am I going to have to get parts from a couple of different cars to get this to work?

spindle is 73-up abody ( some use the FMJ? spindles as well )
rotors are later B body? cordoba? ( bearings are the same as the 10.5 rotors off the A body )
caliper brackets are the same as the rotors ( or get a new set from DrDiff )
calipers are 73-up A body or F body

Most everything is interchangeable between A / B / M / F bodies calipers - bearings - hoses - spindles etc... You will want the larger caliper brackets - 11" stuff is readily available, but the 11 3/4" brackets people ask a premium for typically. You can get pin on or sliding caliper versions, most guys seem to prefer the pin on caliper variety.

I have a set of b body spindles if you are interested, they are a little heavier and a hair (3/8") taller but they work well as others have stated over and over on here. Could also provide a set of 11" slider calipers and brackets, but the calipers would probably only be good for core exchange.

I will be putting a set of 11" front rotors on my 72 build. Figure that will be good enough until I can run across a pair of 11 3/4" pin on brackets if I decide I want larger rotors down the road. Hardest part for me to find was the big ball joint upper control arms - can always go aftermarket if you are willing to spend the $$$ for them.

11 3/4" stuff will be on big cars like C bodies Polaras / Monacos / Newports etc...

Hi there, not so far away neighbor!

Once you get the 73-76 A-body disk brake spindles on there - it's cake.

Doctor Diff has the whole deal available if you want to go that route:
http://www.doctordiff.com/front-disc-brake-kit-for-11.75-on-disc-knuckles.html

If you can find the knuckles elsewhere and the upper control arms you need (or the doctor diff tapered pieces), he can sell you the adapters, which is what I did. The dust shields are the same for the 10.87 and 11.75 rotors. I ONLY needed the rotors and adapters once I had a complete 73-76 a-body setup on my car.

Slider adapters are fine and the calipers are much easier to find. Just get steel piston ones for a 76 A-body for front mount and some 80 volare for rear mount.

-
Back