11" drums, what is the difference

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey All,

Went to order hardware sets and adjuster hardware sets for my 11" rear drum brakes tonight. In the classic industries catalog it breaks the adjusters down into several different groups.

Self Adjuster hardware sets
B body
1965-69 (left and right)
1970-76 (left only)
E body
1971-72 (Left only)

Drum brake hardware sets
B body
1969-72 Charger (rear with 11")
1969-74 (front or rear with 11")
E body
1970-72 (front or rear with 11")

There must be a difference as there are a few different part #'s for these applications. Does anyone know how I can tell what year/model these 11" set ups I have came from?

Thanks,

CE

Typically it has to do with the width of the shoe. You should be able to get the right year with diameter and width

I know the left and right adjusters are different. One's a LH thread and one's a RH thread, right? Not sure on the hardware packages in the different applications. Maybe try calling classic industries. Or maybe go buy one of each at autozone and compare them?

Check out your local auto parts store. At Napa hear the part # for th late model 70-76 b body and 70-72 e body are the same # the only difference seems to be between early65-69 and late 70-76 take a picture and ask to see the two and compare

The early cars have a manual adjuster and the later ones where self adjusting and used some different hardware accordingly. Hardware also depends on shoe diameter and width as well

-
Back