14in tires???

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
im having a problem finding 26in plus size tires 8in wide for the street i dont know were to start

so far i have found bf goodrich 245/60r14
and 225/70r14

are these good are not wide enough?

ya because im thinking of running 4.10 gears but for sure 3.90s but its not a dailey driver so i want a tall tire for when i drive

i wouldnt put that much of a gear in a street car, i had a 390 in a dart i got tired of that real fast.

with 4.10s and 26.4 in tire at 67mph i should be at 3457rpm which is a lil high but i can jsut drive the streets were i go and if i go to the track ill tow it maybe...

how much diff is there from 3.91 and 4.10 becasue i have a chance to get 4.10s for a good price

its a street/race but mostly street and when i say that i mean more street then strip yet only a weekend warrior maybe farthest ever going is 13 miles

lol ur gona wanna drive it when its done alot more than u think now
"i got the same problem"

haha ya but i go to school every day m-f 13 miles away so i think i have a lil something that will make me not drive it

245 60 14s are the widest they make now for 14s. i work at a tire shop and was looking for some for myself. they arent a bad size. i've got some and could take some pictures to give you an idea on the size. but if you really want selection, go with 15s

a 26" diameter tire with a 3.91 ratio is the same as a 28 diameter with a 4.30 ratio. I know cause I ca;lculated the numbers and bought 26" diameter slicks for my car so I could use my 3.91 gears at the track effectively.

I ran a 3.91 in my barracuda and went back to the 3.23's after a few weeks.

I would recommend going with 15" tiresm then you can get even taller tires like 28 or 29" which could make that 4.10 gear "streetable".

Bob

im thinking bout going 15x7 ralley wheels that way its all good but i found 2 14x8 and i like WIDEEEE thats why i wanted them

and i would need a 28in tire if i went with 4.10 and 26 for 3.91

BUT I WANNA KNOW THE DIFF BETWEEN THE 2 haha thanks

-
Back