15" Rally Wheel question

-

ValiantMike

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased 15" Rallye wheels from Summit? I think they're made by Wheel Vintiques. I need a set of 7" with 4 1/2 bolt pattern and I looked at the picture on their website and they looked different from originals to me. The cutouts going around wheel look to be round unlike Mopars. I'm just wondering if this is just a rough picture or is this how they are. Anyone know. Thanks Mike

I got some, they are OK. There is no Chysler part number or pentastar on them so an expert will always be able to tell they are repros, but otherwise visually they are faithful to original, plus you don't have to sandblast and paint them.

Yes, just like original. I have the Wheel Vintiques and also some 37 year old originals. They look the same, back spacing is also the same. They have a nice silver finish all over where as originals were painted black first, then just the front side painted silver. I am sure many high profile cars have the repros on them. You can't tell unless you pop off the trim ring and/or dismount the tire and start looking for stamping marks.

I just got some and although the cut outs are the same mine did not come silver, they are gray. I need to paint my fronts anyway so I paint them together. I did not buy mine from summit I bought them from a member here and they were in the factory boxes. They are the 15 x 8 sbp version.

Chuck

Hi got some from Wheel Vintiques, they powdercoat too you know. My 15's on the rear are exactly the same as the 14's on the front....except they are bigger!!! Cut outs and all.

Thanks guys. I ordered a set for the front of my car because I swithched to lbp disc brakes. Now I have a set of sbp 15s that are 7" wide I guess I'll sell. They are in new condition. The guy I bought the car from told me he had them custom made. Mike

Valiant Mike:I would be interested in those 15x7 sbp wheels you have. Can you tell me the backspacing & price? Thanks Jeff

Jeff, I have a member that asked me already for the sbp wheels, but if he doesn't want them I'll send you a private message. I just received my new lbp from Summit and will get tires switched in the next couple of days. Mike

-
Back