15x10 wheels with out mini tub

-

connerray

Reaction score
70 duster
I know I know I know. I'm beating a dead rotten horse, but i have "surfed" and searched till my "board" broke and eyes crossed. So.... what tire can I get a way with on a 15x10 wheel and have it sit as flush to the fender and have it tuck a a couple inches? It don't ha e to be a very tall tire but the wider the better. I don't care if the bead balloons out a little wider than the section. width.

Recap:::::::
15x10 wheels (rear)
Widest tire with spring relocated and with out mini tub
Tire doesn't have to be very tall and want it to tuck a couple inches
Out fender lip will be trimmed and "massaged" if needed.

I have a 3/4" offset spring kit installed, it has 15"x10" wide Holeshot Pentastar wheels with a 30" tall x 9" tread Hoosier radial slick. (Don't know the actual section width.) Inner fender lip and wheel wells, front and rear, are well massaged.

Attachments

• Orlando June 15-16, 2013 003.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 655
I ran a 10" wide rim on my Demon it was a 12.50 X 28" MT quick time tire. No mini tub work but it did have the leaf springs moved in .75 on each side and the front edge on the fenders trimmed for the height of the tire. This worked ok but they did rub when hitting bumps, The tires wouldn't really tuck in the fenders. For a street car I would stay with a tire a little narrower.

Attachments

• New Image (Small).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,622
So I guess it is a good thing I passed up the brand new, sprint cup tires last week ($10 a piece) to put under the back of my Cuda just to get it "rolling?" 15" but I think 12.5" wide.

One more important thing, what BS are they...
I was searching summit and looking at 26x10.50 and 26x11.50.

The Demon was running a 5" BS stock width 8-3/4 rear end. It did have disk brakes that pushed the wheels out a little maybe 1/4 to 1/2" on each side
They had enough clearance off the inside leaf springs and they still would of fit if I didn't have that set up.

In my opinion 26" tall tire doesn't look right on the back of these cars. I would try and stay at least 27" but that's just a personal opinion. :D

I'll be running a 8¼ rear. Can't justify spending over 3/4 the amount I give for the car on the rear alone...
So 5" bs should get me in the clear with 27x10-11.50?

It's always a good idea to measure. Forty year old cars, someone could of swapped the "A" body rear end for a "B" body rear end out of another car. The 5" worked for me but I did move the springs in 3/4" on each side for leaf spring clearance.

ok so any advice for me ? I want to put 15x10 mopar OE back wheels on my 67 barracuda FB. The backspace for these rims are anywhere from 3.75 -6. I measured inner fender wall to drum base, 6". did I measure right. I am of the opinion I can fit 15x10 with right tire?

that demon is dead sexy. what size wheel/tire combo you got on the front? I am looking for a set of front runners for my darts. i like the weld wheels like yours that are black. i dont know which offset to get though.

attachment.php

the bullshit:eek:ops:canI say that???stops here.I will take them If you show me a pic. that being seid.sum of the new wheel are for pussys:eek:ops:there I go again.but any ways have you had a 15x32 Quiktime hosser on them under a A body.thats wy I need a pic to see and how much off sets in them?If you know wiat that mens???????/im a:newb::newb: and don't know but a had full on here if there still here :hello2::hello2::burnout::-# if I have seid any thing wrog let me know or im sure the cops will:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::banghead::banghead: dam that herts.Artie

I have a 3/4" offset spring kit installed, it has 15"x10" wide Holeshot Pentastar wheels with a 30" tall x 9" tread Hoosier radial slick. (Don't know the actual section width.) Inner fender lip and wheel wells, front and rear, are well massaged.
hell I know him if not he should we race to gether enulf...dam it boy whw ya been............Artie:hello2::hello2::hello2::burnout::burnout::burnout:

that demon is dead sexy. what size wheel/tire combo you got on the front? I am looking for a set of front runners for my darts. i like the weld wheels like yours that are black. i dont know which offset to get though.

attachment.php

Front tires were M.T. 28" tall. Think they were 4.5 or 5.5" wide The Demon had fiberglass front fenders and there was no issue with rubbing on the fronts.

-
Back