15x7 cragars on the front of a 69 dart?

-

superdot09

Reaction score
I need some help.........does anyone know the maximum width of a 15'' wheel you can use on the front of a 69 dart with a 73+ disc conversion...........I'd really like 7'' wide if I can get them in there, Cragar makes them in a 15x7 with a 4 3/8 backspace................I've measured and it looks like it should fit.....but close, anyone have some feedback? they are custom order so they can't be returned

any help is greatly appreciated

isn't that about what the factory cop car wheels are? if so it should work fine

I think its almost the same, just 1/8'' more backspace (I believe stock is 4 1/4?), and if I'm not mistaken, doing the disc swap is supposed to push the wheels out 1/2" further than stock, I measured and 4 1/2'' backspace "should fit", but the most backspace they will put on a 15x7is 4 3/8"......................I could play it safe and go with a 6'' wheel, but I'd prefer the wider rim...............Anyone have any experience with this setup on this car? I've searched the forums for hours and can't find it.:dontknow:

I had a set of Cragar SS 16 X 8s on the front of a 71 Duster with the 73up discs. Picture attached
I believe the backspace was 4.5". That would put the outer bead at the same distance out as a 7" with 3.5"bs.
The difference I see is the Duster wheelwell flares out a bit where the Dart doesn't. If I had to gamble I'd be sure to get closer to 4.5" backspacing.

Attachments

• 71whitedusterkingman2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 261
I've got 15x8 with 4'' backspace on there right now with 215/60/15's off of another car just to set it down they "fit" under there but you cant take a turn hard or dip on a turn, they are definitely too tight,............................................................................. the way I measure 15x7 with 4.5 backspace would be perfect, just barely clearing the upper ball joint and outer control arm and putting it in as far as possible, I know 4 3/8 (the most backspace cragar will put on a 15x7) is only 1/8" difference.........................................................................I'm just hoping someone else has a similar setup because I really want the 7'' wheels and don't want to get 6'' just to play it safe. please chime in anyone with 15x7+ on a 67-69 dart with 73+ discs??????????????????????

an extra 1/8" either way won't matter. i've run the cop car wheels on 69' darts with 73' up disks, noooo problem. 245/50-15 tires (if i remember right) so if sizing is close, your good

an extra 1/8" either way won't matter. i've run the cop car wheels on 69' darts with 73' up disks, noooo problem. 245/50-15 tires (if i remember right) so if sizing is close, your good

That's great to know. I'm doing the same upgrade on my dart and was hopeing to run 15X7 steel wheels on it. I was thinking of running 235/50-15 BFG's or Cooper cobra tires on it.

-
Back