-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcove

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm offering my 1962 Dodge Lancer for sale. It was originally a brown color (as seen in the engine bay and identified on VIN decoder) but the body is a light mint green (repainted by previous owner around 2000 or 2001).

I haven't started it in a few years but it ran fine then. Battery is dead by now. I stopped driving because the brakes no longer worked. Someone said it was the master cylinder so I bought a new one but never put it in. There was a leak of transmission fluid so I also bought new gaskets...but never put it in. However, I did replace the water pump, put in the AM radio and one or two other miscellaneous items before I decided that unlike my father, I'm not a car guy (my background is in handbuilding computers from scratch, starting in the pre-PC hobby days of the mid 1970s).

There's a rusted hole in the trunk and some bubbling around the rear fenders.

The car has been sitting under trees so the paint has some streaks on it from tree sap and such.

I'm guessing from pictures of nearly-pristine Lancers selling for $1500+ that this one, less than pristine, is worth around $1000. I'll throw in some extras (brake lines, spare parts and magazine ads) to sweeten the deal for potential buyers.

I'll take some photos in the next couple of days and post them for those who are interested in seeing this former class winner of a local AACA event.

For those who've owned Lancers, you know the fun of driving a rare American car down the road. Or should I say slowly cruising down the highway? This is no dragstrip racer, more like grandpa's ol' reliable (how many two-door cars do you know whose roofline let you wear a fedora in the backseat?).

It ain't no Barracuda but it still turns heads. Some people have turned Lancers into hopped-up rides - the new owner can choose what to do with this, of course.

I bought the car from the second owner outside Charlotte, NC (Eddie Shimpock), who restored the car for driving around town a while and then sold it to me so he could get a Camaro to work on. I towed it to my place outside Huntsville, Alabama. It has a 1962 license plate I put in the back window.

I drove the Lancer back and forth to work and school for about a year until the brakes gave out.

It deserves a good home. I'm no shade tree mechanic and want to put this car in the hands of someone who wants a simple /6 pre-A body MOPAR to tinker with and enjoy.

Price is negotiable. Make me and my wife happy by putting this classic 1960s Americana in your collection.

I'll wash the Lancer today and take pics this afternoon. I'm located outside Huntsville, Alabama.

I SOOOooooo wish I'd joined FABO before I bought the Dart. Someone PLEASE buy this; I really don't want a divorce.

Tech specs on one website, carfolio.com, say the car weighs 2586 lb. Another website, allpar.com, says 2,520-2,560 pounds.

So it should be around that, since I've neither added nor subtracted any major components.

I'll be offline for a few days and will answer questions starting early next week. Hope to have pics of the spare parts for this sale, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back