1964 Dart - from 13" to 14" - what size Cragar wheels?

-

64dartny

Reaction score
I've tried to fit everything in the thread title.
I'm the new owner of a 1964 Dodge Dart 270 sedan.
She came with the stock 13" wheels and hubcaps.
I'm getting the front updated with disc brakes and will need to move from 13" to 14" wheels.
I'd like to keep the small bolt pattern and I like the Cragar S/S wheels (as many do).
I believe this is the correct wheel: Cragar 1425793402B
14 in. x 6 in., 5 x 4.00 in. Bolt Circle, 3.50 in. Backspace

Can anyone confirm this is the correct wheel, and can anyone recommend a skinny whitewall tire for stock-like fitment? I know that options are limited in this size.
I plan to run the same size wheels and tires all around, with Cragars and skinnies for an early lowrider look.
Cheers, A

WhiteWalls on Cragars? You'll Hate That.
195/70 R14 in Front 245/60 R14 in the Rear Looks Cool, but a 195/70-14 would certainly work all around.

Thank you for the tire size information. I think skinny whitewalls and Cragars look good personally, as on early lowriders (like Gypsy Rose) and my Dart being a 4-door, I think the balanced stance makes more sense.

I can dig the direction you're goin with the whitewalls. They will look super cool done right. My only addition is regarding the wheels....you don't have "many" to choose from in small bolt pattern, do you? What size tire are you planning?

This is true, very limited options. I’m also considering 14” small bolt pattern steelies with some period correct 14” hubcaps, say from a 63-65 Dodge Polaris. Having trouble locating new steel wheels in this size/configuration however.
For tire size I’m just looking for whichever skinny whitewall will provide ease of fitment at all four corners, with a disc brake upgrade at the front.

Here’s a photo of how she currently sits, on stock 13” wheels and hubcaps with skinny whitewalls.

90B2E0BB-271E-4D81-A269-6947F772808C.jpeg

Bumping to crowd-source wheel suggestions here. Currently 13 sbp. Would like to go up to 14 sbp.

Bumping to crowd-source wheel suggestions here. Currently 13 sbp. Would like to go up to 14 sbp.
Best bet would be to go to summit, wheel section, and specify 5 on 4" bolt pattern. They'll show you about 95% of what is available. (ET wheels make beautiful 5 on 4 torque thrust lookalikes, and summit doesn't sell them, but they are NOT cheap. Basically about $500/wheel).

-
Back