-
Status
Not open for further replies.

howedon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Vehicle Description: 1965 Plymouth Barracuda, rust free body painted silver w/black side stripe and black interior. 1972 340 engine block 0.040” oversize, 1971 pistons 10:1, crankshaft .010” X .010” under, cam 284 duration/ 454 lift, J-type heads with larger valves, Holly 600 4bbl carb, electronic ignition. Spitfire headers & Dual Magnaflow exhaust. Original 1965 904A auto trans rebuilt with high performance clutches and shift kit, 2200 rpm stall torque converter, floor shift. 8-3/4 rear end narrowed from c-body. Front disc brakes. Magnum 500 wheels with new trim rings.

2001 charity raffle prize restored by Tidewater Mopar Club of VA. Underside of hood signed by Bill “Maverick” Golden of Little Red Wagon Fame. Excellent condition, garage kept, never driven in bad weather, has won many awards at area car shows. Great runner, very fast and a ball to drive, a real head turner. Have original 273 engine to go along with. Asking $25000.00.

To see pictures got to http://www.flickr.com/photos/howedon/sets/72157603361015251/

Located near Lansing, Michigan

Vehicle Description: 1965 Plymouth Barracuda, rust free body painted silver w/black side stripe and black interior. 1972 340 engine block 0.040” oversize, 1971 pistons 10:1, crankshaft .010” X .010” under, cam 284 duration/ 454 lift, J-type heads with larger valves, Holly 600 4bbl carb, electronic ignition. Spitfire headers & Dual Magnaflow exhaust. Original 1965 904A auto trans rebuilt with high performance clutches and shift kit, 2200 rpm stall torque converter, floor shift. 8-3/4 rear end narrowed from c-body. Front disc brakes. Magnum 500 wheels with new trim rings.

2001 charity raffle prize restored by Tidewater Mopar Club of VA. Underside of hood signed by Bill “Maverick” Golden of Little Red Wagon Fame. Excellent condition, garage kept, never driven in bad weather, has won many awards at area car shows. Great runner, very fast and a ball to drive, a real head turner. Have original 273 engine to go along with. Asking $25000.00.

To see pictures got to http://www.flickr.com/photos/howedon/sets/72157603361015251/

Located near Lansing, Michigan

I am lowering starting price to $20,000 OBO

I've never seen this before. And now I know why. These cars are just flat out not worth anything. Especially even $15,000. I'd say $8,000. At the absolute most.

Maybe only the ones you've seen are worth $8000. You haven't really seen this one, have you.

I've seen this car in person at some local show's and its worth what he is asking.

I have been looking for a 64 or 65 here in Michigan and I made the mistake on passing on a beauty I saw near Detroit. Bright RED with a red interior, had a 340 and the guy who did it did didn't miss a thing. It was the nicest 65 I have seen and I think he sold it in the 8-9 range. As much as I love the 4-5's I do agree with cudadude that these just don't have the value that the later cars do. I think 8-9 is about the max for these and seeing this car has been For Sale kind of solidifies the point.

FYI: On the topic of what a car is worth, there are many trains of thought. If the man asks $25,000, it is worth $25,000. If someone pays $25,000, it is worth $25,000. These are prices. The seller has a value of what it is worth, and the buyer has a value of what it is worth. You can't tell someone what their stuff is worth. You can make an offer for what it is worth to you, that's it. If he says it is worth $15,000, then it is. To me, average selling price is only good for new cars, or when you have a lot full of the same car in the same condition, etc. If you don't see a car being worth what someone is asking, you can offer what it is worth to you. It may or may not sell. Sellers, do not be insulted when someone offers you $8,000 for what you have for sale for $15,000. howedon has the complete supply of this one-of-a-kind, unique Barracuda. I for one, having spent close to $15,000 restoring my car (not including my sweat equity) think it is a good deal. I can't afford it, but know it is worth that price. Just because others have devalued cars to $8-9,000 for what may have cost $12-15,000 to restore doesn't effect the value of this car. Two things to get from this:
1) Potential buyers, do not ever be offended with the amount of money a person will take to be separated from his car, either too low or too high.
2) Potential sellers, do not ever be offended with the amount of money a person will be separated from to justify buying your car, either too low or too high.

First I wasn't trying to insult or price down Howedons car ( It is a beauty that I would love to own!) I was just stating what I felt was my thoughts on the value of these year Barracuda's...

And yes I agree with Bamacuda that sellers and buyers thoughts on value are not always on the same level. I buy and restore Chrysler Boats and I run into boats all the time I want but we just can't reach a price that works for both of us. If were so far apart on price I usually won't make a offer for the reason of not offending the seller, I just wish them good luck with the sale of the item and I'll think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back