1965 dodge dart 225 /6 3 on the tree 4sale indianapolis

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
i just bought this car, a couple months ago. first thing i did was spend $1,000 getting all brand new brake componets put on it, including all new hard and soft brake lines ran, new master cylinder, new wheels cylinders, basically everything brand new except for the actual drums. i also rebuilt the carburator because i figured that hadn't been done in quite awhile. i then installed a sony cd/mp3/front aux. input/front usb input stereo, with a brand new 1,000 watt amp, and two mtx 12" subs in the trunk, and new aftermarket door speakers, and new aftermarket back dash speakers. just changed the oil in it, k&n filter, lucas oil stabilizer, new plugs, new plug wires, etc. my wife drives it everyday to work, and we have been driving it on the weekends everywhere.
here's the good- it looks really nice, it gets stares and compliments all the time. nice new blue and silver paint, nice new american racing wheels, with new tires, tinted windows, front electric bucket seats, amazing sound system. it has been extremely reliable so far. like i said, my wife drives it to work everyday, and after i rebuilt the carb, and tuned it a bit, it's always started right up, and seems reliable enough for me to drive it anywhere, anytime.
here's the bad-it leaks a litte bit of oil, i've tried to pinpiont the leak, and it looks like it's coming from around the oil pan. also it smokes, a grayish smoke whenever i give it a lot of throttle. i don't know enough to know if it's smoking because of valve seals, or bearings, or just a bad tune. also the back right hand side of the trunk lid has a dent in it. the guy i bought it off of said that it rolled into a tree when he was changing oil in it one time. also there are a few minor dents in the chrome trim, and the headliner is completely missing.

i am asking $6,500 for the car. i spent $4,500 on it, and then spent $1,000 on the brakes, and $1,000 on the stereo/speakers, fluids, tune up, etc.
it's super close to being an awesome car, and someone with the time, space, experience, etc. could have an amazing car here. we just hit some unexpected expenses all at once, and we can't afford to purchase a third car right now, and i don't want to be driving this dart in the winter.
please email me at [email protected] if you're interested in looking at it, have any questions, etc.
thanks
brian

reducing the price to $5,500 will go lower if i take out the subs, amp, and head unit. i gotta get this sold before winter hits, so we can get another vehicle. my wife is still driving it every day to work. thanks.

brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back