Status
Not open for further replies.

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking to convert my 66 wagon to a factory 4 bbl. I believe I need a longer trans kickdown rod that goes from the bellcrank to the carb. I have the intake coming, have access to the correct carb, and waiting to hear on the throttle cable bracket.

Any leads on any conversion parts would be much appreciated.

Are you using the original head mounted top bellcrank, or switching to the later style 3 piece kickdown that mounts to the intake bolts and incorperates the throttle cable mount?? If you use the later style 3 piece setup you can use the 340 style upper rod and everything else from there down is standard stuff./ Thats what I did on my 66, and am going to do again for my other 66!! The top rod can be had, and maybe edit your post asking for the 340 upper rod, much easier to find!! Geof

Heres a couple pics of the later style 3 piece upper rod correct for 4bbl 340 cars. As can be seen in the pics, the rod bends to the drivers side of the motor because the 4 bbl carb is wider, and it also bends up to clear the taller intake and taller 4 bbl carb as well. You can easily identify this rod by the triangle shaped spring mount welded to the side!!

Hope this helps, Geof

Attachments

• 100_4761.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_4762.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 106
I think if you find the end of the throttle linkage (not the kickdown) from a mid 70-s dodge van and screw it onto your existing 2 barrel kickdown rod, it might get you the length you need.

I actually cut and welded mine to get the extra length, but in the process I noticed that the part from the 70's dodge van is longer and might just be long enough.

You also need a different bracket to hold the throttle cable. I had to make mine.

Here's a link to my thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1969613512#post1969613512

Thanks for the response guys. I am trying to keep the linkage correct, as I do have most pieces to do the 3 piece conversion. Just trying to stay 66 correct.

Still looking for the throttle cable bracket. My buddy thought he had it ,but it isn't the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back