-
Status
Not open for further replies.

eholster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well, we're all a little familiar with the hopes and dreams with an old car....
Unfortunately I realize I lack the time and energy for this so it must go down the road to another.

1966 Barracuda
Citron Gold / Black Interior
273 V8 - comes with original engine and transmission and a recently rebuilt 273 and rebuilt 904, AND a disassembled 360 Magnum
140K (indicated....???)
selection of parts including spare hood; hump, console shifter.
Located in Seattle,Wa

I bought this '66 Barracuda here in Washington in March of 2011.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=135559

The individual I purchased it from had it for about 8 or 9 years, mainly keeping it in general running condition - more of a survivor to bring to the local shows as it was complete and all original. The story he told was it had arrived on the back of a truck at a show he was attending with a for sale sign on it. He bought it because it was the same year, color, and was sold on the same lot as his '66 Satellite.
After I acquired the car I drove it around a bit, but found the motor in a poor state so decided to replace it. Initially I wanted to go the route of a 408 but instead found a guy in the area who had a rebuilt 273 (with correct 4 barrel manifold) modified to use hydraulic cam / lifters and a rebuilt 904 that had not been run. Out came the old motor / transmission at which point I thought I would freshen up the engine bay, so this was stripped down to bare metal, which is how it presently sits. Front grills are off as well.
As can be read in the link above, there are a few small areas of rust - the spare tire well has a couple small holes, but seems solid everywhere else. The passenger side fender where it's mounted to the body just fore of the door is rusted. And finally, a spot in the passenger rear quarter. Drivers side floor is suspect, but limited to where the heel pads would be. The floor is cracked about 6-7" at the rear mount for the drivers seat.
There are a couple little dings in the headlight surrounds and the hood has a dent in the nose (comes with spare with all lettering intact). Otherwise the body is really straight.
Interior is all original and all there. Seat vinyl is cracked, headliner is split on one seam. Carpet faded. Front windshield shows delamination at the edges. Rear window is intact. I have an extra set of rear lenses - re-pops from Mexico...

With that all said, I am looking to get $4200 for everything or offer. I will post some pictures of the car as it sits in my garage in the next day or so. Interest in it can motivate me to do it sooner! Please email any questions.
Thanks,
Erin

Attachments

• L1000671 (Medium).JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 748
  • L1000669 (Medium).JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 659
  • L1000666 (Medium).JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 669
motor and transmission

Attachments

• IMAG0198.jpg