1966 valiant engine swap (help me research)

-

Wagonman

Reaction score
I am trying to do my research prior to making the change. I currently have a 1966 Plymouth Valiant wagon, (this is a show car) with a /6 in it and my father has offered to sell me a fresh poly 318 w/ 727 tranny out of his show car, that means its already chromed out for show.
anyway, what I do know about so far is that I need motor mounts which schumacher has, a tranny cross member which i have found already, a radiator for a V8 which in my car I have already converted to an aluminum radiator which was originally designed to be used with a v8, I am using a small magnum starter (love it), the drive shaft--- I will need to remake or have a new one made. Help me to recognize what else might be involved please.
i would also like to change the front brakes over to disc which I know that wilwood, stainless and Baer have kits to help me with this but I am wondering if i was able to find an "A" body donor car that had front disc brakes would i be able to simply swap the complete k-members from one car to another? i aonly ask because I might be able to get a donor car for a couple of hundred dollars versus $1200 for a brake kit... I am looking for suggestions to this one. One thing that is important to note is that i recently (less than 5000 miles ago) rebuilt the entire front end using PST products and so i would hate to ditch all of that but also this front end has the smaller drums on it currently. as far s brakes in the rear...
Well it is tough to find a 8 3/4 or 8 1/4 rear end for this year car around these parts so i may get a ford 9inch and narrow it. Ford 9 inch with 308 gears are plentyfull. Anyone got any suggestions on this as well.
thanks,
Wagonman

-
Back