1967 Cuda Convertible Windshield Gasket???

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
OK all, I'm looking to clear up some information about the convertible windshield gaskets from 67 Cudas. I've heard tell that they don't repop the gaskets for 67 Darts and Cudas and I'm staring down the barrel of removing the windshield from Nellas 67. What I have is a new gasket from Precision Replacement Parts, part #..WCR-D690A, and I got it from Deutchmann Automotive. Put up against the original gasket, the new one looks to be identical. Am I wrong that this is the right gasket, or is it true that they don't repop the 67 gaskets. Anybody know for sure??? Geof

100_1898.jpg

100_1899.jpg

There is supposed to have some clips on the 68 and 69 if I remember correctly.

Dante's lists the following.
WCRD690A 68/69 Dart/Valiant/Barracuda, conv.only............ $90.00
Obviously there is no Valiant convertible these years.

This is what is posted on Jim's Auto Parts but the number is slightly different.
WI-WCRD690A
67-69 All A Body (Convertible)
$ 129.95

Yearone
WCRD690A Reproduction windshield gasket for 1968-1969 Dodge Dart and Plymouth Barracuda convertible models.
$85.95

The windshield gasket on the a body convertibles 67 to 69 are the same. The discussion comes up more about the fastback and notchbak gaskets for 67 that are unique. All the verts use the lockstrip on the bottom sut there are many creative ways to get away from the incredible shrinking lockstrip problen and use a stainless strip as long as you are not going for that 100% original look.

-
Back