-

ZMan67S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 383 4-Speed Convertible...rare one of a few that still exist.

Body Exterior – The car is triple blue with EE1 Dark Blue Metallic. The car is stored in a climate-controlled garage and the paint still shows wonderfully. The Blue factory correct convertible top and boot was recently replaced and retains the glass back window. All bright work has been restored, chrome or upgraded with perfect or as near as possible parts. Exterior includes a newer set of red streak tires on factory 5.5x14” rims capped with deluxe wheel covers with correct exposed lug nut.

Body Under – The undercarriage is rust free, undercoated and clean. This vehicle retains factory Kelsey Hayes 4-piston front disc brakes with rear drum. A recent exhaust upgrade was added using a complete Accurate exhaust system kit. The 8.75 differential has new green bearings with a 741 case packed with a 3.23 gear riding on a clutch type sure grip unit.

Interior – The interior maintains the exteriors factory E-code color that is near flawless. Front bucket seats with Inland shifter. The dash was restored including a bezel restoration and a gauge update (external limiter) 150-mph speedometer and tachometer. New wiring harness was added throughout the whole car. The dash pad is perfect, and the frame was stripped and professionally painted in matte blue finish. All upholstery is in excellent condition as are the front/rear door panels and the rear plastic. The interior is perfectly capped off with rare woodgrain (so-called recall) steering wheel.

Engine, Transmission – The original date coded A-body 383 commando engine still sits tightly between the aprons and retains the exhaust manifolds on the sides and correct 4298 Carter carburetor and 893 oil pan and factory original chrome valve covers. The factory 3-core 929 radiator keeps it always running cool. Transmission is the factory a-833 4-speed with upgraded conversion hurst/inland mechanism for smooth shifting. It does have a Dakota starter.

Originality has always been maintained as much as possible. In 1967, Plymouth included the 383 Commando High Performance engine in the A-body platform for the first time. In ’67, the Barracuda took on a whole new design from the previous year. The car was delayed in release from what was normally August 1st to the last week in November. The 383 Barracudas were even further delayed with the earliest models showing up late in February of ’67. It is estimated that of the 1700 Barracuda models with the 383 engine, only a dozen or so convertibles are known to exist. This car is one of those and is one of the best or is the best in many Mopar experts' opinion.

This car has been shown at national and area car shows winning several Best of Show and Best Mopar awards. National shows include Muscle Car and Covette Nationals (MCACN) and scored 984 points out of 1000. This car was a Mopars in the Park first year class winner. We were invited back the next year and shown with all the other previous year's Plymouth class winners and won the Plymouth Winner's Circle. At Carlisle's Chrysler Nationals, this car was one of 50 celebrity choices with over 4000 cars and trucks on the show field. In July 2019, this car was the featured vehicle in the national magazine Mopar Collectors Guide with a six-page spread.

I have taken the time with my known MOPAR friend, to restore this car down to the smallest detail and take liberties where they made sense. This car is a turnkey vehicle ready to enjoy for a nice drive or to be a hardcore contender at any show.

I've thought long and hard and decided it's time to pass this beautiful car on. If you want to own a rare A-Body here is your opportunity. No trades only serious offers are considered. If you are truly interested reply and we can talk. Shipping the buyer responsibility. $68,500 is the asking price. I can furnish more pictures I was limited to 10. Thanks for looking and sharing. Many of you have seen this car in person and believe me it looks better in person than the pictures.

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

Last edited:
I'm dropping my asking price to $65,000.

-
Back