1969 Dart seat questions?

-

Donny

Reaction score
Are there multiple years in which front bucket seats are the exact same or compatible for a 1969 Dart?

If so were interior trim colors the same for any of those years, IE was the tan interior color the same for 68 & 69?

I need front buckets for a 69 but if another year fits I can expand my search to fulfill my need, thanks.

I believe the difference between 68 and most 69's is the lack of headrest in the 68. Headrest legislation came in Jan 1, 1969. I've seen 69 seats come up here and ebay a fair amount so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them. Getting them in good shape is another thing. Good luck!!
I'm looking for a 69 split bench with headrests (not so easy to find).

The 68 buckets have the holes in the back portion for the headrest's. I bought a pr out of a 68 Barracuda that had the holes and I bought the headrest hardware from a supplier that I can't recall right now. But I think any 68-69 A-body buckets will work for you. The 67 didn't have these holes.

My first 68 had headrests. It was a deluxe interior, and I believe optional. I have seen both headrest and non-headrest versions, and what SGBARRACUDA says makes sense. It would be cheaper for them to use the same seatbacks and put the hardware on if required, otherwise just cover over the hole.

Grant

Hey I had a lucid moment. I bought the hardware for my 68 seats from P and G Classics.

The 68-69 seats are the same, the head rest were optional on 68's and early 69's, they became mandatory on Jan 1st 69 like mentioned earlier.

The 68-69 B-body seats are also the same as the A-body except the tracks are different so you would have to still get a set of A-body tracks to use them.

-
Back