1969 Valiant Diary

-
Nice! Someone did you a big favor and put a 67 grill in it instead of the less attractive 69 grill. Yup, I said it. :D
A '67 grille I can get NOS. The '69 not so much. I'm thinking of putting the shark-tooth Duster grille on it.

You may find the '67 grill grows on you. I always wanted to put one on a Duster.
2020-05-23 13.33.52.jpg

You may find the '67 grill grows on you. I always wanted to put one on a Duster.
View attachment 1716233410
I’d planned to do that with a ‘75 Duster that I had but ended up selling it. My plan now is to use the ‘67 front clip (and possibly the ‘67 rearend) on my ‘75 Scamp in order to make a 1-of-none 112” wb ‘67 valiant.

Patience Grasshopper :D . On Saturday I took my photos documenting the way the car ended up at my home. If I'm doing this at work for an insurance company, I get photos of the VIN, the trim tag, all four corners of the car, the license plate and the odometer.

View attachment 1716233221View attachment 1716233224View attachment 1716233225

That looks like a '69 dash frame. And those look like '69 fenders? The damage you are referring to, is it just the header panel and radiator support? Does it look like the inner fenders have been replaced?

Considering that most of the clip says "67 Valiant" in yellow grease pen, I'm pretty certain it's a '67 clip. The left apron has definitely been replaced and the upper cowl on the left is buckled in. As for the dash, the '69 I had thirty years ago had roller knobs for the radio. This one does not.

Considering that most of the clip says "67 Valiant" in yellow grease pen, I'm pretty certain it's a '67 clip. The left apron has definitely been replaced and the upper cowl on the left is buckled in. As for the dash, the '69 I had thirty years ago had roller knobs for the radio. This one does not.
'67 had VIN on pillar, '69 on dash frame; so maybe they swapped the dash itself.

So I sent a request to the State of California for a title search. I have no idea how far they go back, but it'll be $5 per record. We'll see what pops up. I'm also sending the State of Nevada a request as well.. This will also be the first weekend for a swap meet in Fowlerville, MI.

I've pretty much have an idea which way I want to go with the car. I also think the hardest piece to find on the car will be the "lower grille". This is the sheet metal piece between the bumper and the grille. I don't see and repops and I doubt I'll find an NOS item either. Anyways, on Saturday let the search begin.

-
Back