1970 dart tail lights wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if your aware ....excuse me if you are...but 70 only tailight lenses are different from scamp lenses......they interchange but the pattern moulded into the lens is different ...if your picky then you might take note of that ......if not then any 70 dart or 71-3 scamp works.

my 70 swinger also needs the same part so i feel your pain ...they break too easy on the bottom ......im looking into re-pops ...better more modern plastic.

just sayin......good luck with your search

I just bought a pair from year one for 100 bucks I'm not that picky and they are painted silver on the edges.

not sure if your aware ....excuse me if you are...but 70 only tailight lenses are different from scamp lenses......they interchange but the pattern moulded into the lens is different ...if your picky then you might take note of that ......if not then any 70 dart or 71-3 scamp works.

my 70 swinger also needs the same part so i feel your pain ...they break too easy on the bottom ......im looking into re-pops ...better more modern plastic.

just sayin......good luck with your search
YES RAIN I AM AWARE OF THAT ...JEEESSS COME ON ...LOL:D I would like 70 dated lenses .....search goes on.

I picked up a Repop pair on eBay for $120 for my 70 Swinger, cheapest I have seen them yet. They are really nice, only thing missing is the pentastar logo. I have looked for over 6 years to find super nice originals and no way am I spending big $$$ for NOS ones....and Scamp ones won't cut it either for me :glasses7:

I can post pics if you like along with the eBay link.

I picked up a Repop pair on eBay for $120 for my 70 Swinger, cheapest I have seen them yet. They are really nice, only thing missing is the pentastar logo. I have looked for over 6 years to find super nice originals and no way am I spending big $$$ for NOS ones....and Scamp ones won't cut it either for me :glasses7:

I can post pics if you like along with the eBay link.

I put mine on today and the I found out that the screw holes are not resecced like originals :violent1:

Top pics....Here is a NOS Scamp lens I used to have.....

3rd pic is a 70 Dart NOS lens on ebay...the eBay seller wants $595.70 for it!!!!! :banghead:

The main difference is the pattern in the center area and the white part, they will interchange.

Attachments

• Picture 820.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Picture 821.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 113
  • dartlens.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 138
I picked up a pair from Year one a couple weeks back. during a conversation with the fellow at B/E&A, he asked if i happened to need tail lamp lenses, i replied that i had just purchased a pair from Year One. He explained he had a better lens and would refund the cost and shipping if i didnt agree. They were over double the cost, but i did end up returning the Year one lenses. I did notice that the screw holes in the year one lenses were not correct and not in the correct location. If yout up to spending 200.00 plus, go for the B/E&A lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back