1970 Swinger 340 resto

-
I’m bringing the Vitamin C Dart back home finally from body and paint. No wiring, dash, seats, engine or transmission installed. I won’t have much time to work on it until my wife is feeling better but it’s up to me now to finish.

IMG_1222.jpeg

WOO HOO!!! Congratulations! I find it useful to make a "punch list" of things that need to be done. It keeps you on track and you get the satisfaction of crossing stuff off as you get to it. If you can just do a little bit on a regular basis, you'll make great progress.

It’s been a while since I gave an update. Things went slow over the winter for lack of shop time. I spent about a month just getting a Harbor Freight blasting cabinet together with its million screws. It works good when I switched from walnut shells to sand. Still need to add more light. After blasting the side cover on my transmission I finished it and cleared the table for head work. Pictured is finished A833; blasting cabinet; and a semifinished combustion chamber on a 915 J head. I have milled them to 60 cc after cleanup and the quench pad is about 40 thou. I found a couple of places in Columbus OH that can do me a five angle valve job when I visit my sons later this month. I ordered Speedpro H116CP pistons for static compression close to 10.5. Using Wallace with 280 degree cam I will be under 165 cranking.

IMG_1404.jpeg

IMG_1488.jpeg

IMG_1494.jpeg

Last edited:
Not much to update but some slow progress. Got the valve job with a 70 degree throat cut and one head blended into the bowl. Gasket matched with radius of the pushrod pinch to the straight port wall. Still more work to do around the guide bosses and clean up the chambers a bit more. Guide cutter and seals to be delivered tomorrow to make room for the lift of my cam with 1.6 ratio. Of .506. Chamber finishing may get me to about 62cc and 10.25CR. Then I can finally put it all together.

IMG_1530.jpeg

IMG_1534.png

-
Back