1971 custom center console...

-

firefighter1

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am looking to buy a center console for my 1971 dodge dart coupe. originally it had a bench, but I have installed buckets. Now I am looking for an original mopar center console that fits well and doesn't require a lot of fabrication to make it fit. car's an automatic transmission 904 slant six drive train. got any suggestions? thanks.

Attachments

• passenger side diagonal angle front.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 454
Pretty much any A-body (dart, duster, demon,scamp) automatic console from 68-76 will fit in your car. There are brackets welded to the floor in the orginal console cars. I think you can get reproductions of the brackets, or you could fab something up yourself. Sometimes you'll see where someone is selling the center hump out of an auto car with the brackets still attached, but thats sounds like more work than you want to do.
If your car isn't floor shifted right now you'll also have to find the original floor shifter and linkage to the tranny.
You can find consoles for and original type shifters for sale here in the parts for sale section, and theres always ebay.

Some guys have even used an aftermarket shifter like the B&M quicksilver, or the Hurst promatic2, and used a stock console over it with the shift handle coming through the original slot in the console.

-
Back