1971 Demon Insturment Cluster Question.

-

bradfields

Reaction score
Does anybody know for sure which terminal on the back of the insturment cluster the voltage limiter plugs on to?? The first picture is of my old trashed original cluster and the second picture is of a restored cluster that came with the car when I bought it, the voltage limiter is plugged on to a different pin on each cluster. I sure don't want to fry my new cluster!!

MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-002S.JPG

Hmmmmmm, maybe your right. I'm not sure what it is, but It's plugged on to different terminals on each cluster, I've seen the 3 pronged voltage regulators before like on your '68, but neither of these clusters have one of those. So I was just assuming that this is the limiter??

Hmmmmmm, maybe your right. I'm not sure what it is, but It's plugged on to different terminals on each cluster, I've seen the 3 pronged voltage regulators before like on your '68, but neither of these clusters have one of those. So I was just assuming that this is the limiter??

That is probably a noise suppression capacitor for the radio.

Picture one is correct, I have a 69 Fastback, and the FSM shows that is correct.
The filter is attached to the power out (after the IVR), and the bi-metal IVR is part of the fuel gauge. I'm assuming you have a Rallye cluster, similar to the 67-69 Barracudas.
When I put my cluster back in, I removed the IVR in the fuel gauge and went with an external IVR from RTE.
If you go to there site they have pictures of what to do, and their parts, below is a link.
http://rt-eng.com/mediawiki/images/e/e7/InternalLimiterFixUsingIVR3.pdf

Thanks for the info, now I know why there isn't one of the 3 pronged voltage regulators!!

-
Back