1972 Demon Sunroof Car

-

Dazed72

Reaction score
Hello! I have a '72 340 Demon with the rollback sunroof option. Can someone help me out with how many Demons and Dusters were produced with this option. It actually is listed as a convertible on the buildsheet. Thanks fellow A-body fanatics in advance! Scott

i don't think that there are any known production figures for these. i have only seen 1 1972. was this car you have at carlisle this weekend?

No. I am in Illinois. I know of one in Pennsylvania (featured in a Mopar mag last year). I know of one featured in a mag in the eighties. I know of one that was cut up in a junkyard. And I know of mine. Thanks, Scott

There's one on ebay right now. Check out #270007358822. There's also one in my garage. I cut it out of a wrecked 72 Sizzler and put it in my 70 Duster. The same roof was available in many cars. Google Buick Suncoupe. I have seen them factory installed in 60' Mustangs, Studebaker Larks, Ventura's and they are very similar to the old VW tops.

Thanks! Are you the guy from cars in barns I read about?

Scott

That's me! Is that picture still there. I may add that the whole chopping the roof off episode happened on the 3rd day of our Honeymoon. WHAT a woman. Her and the car are still around!

tractorfix i remember seeing your Duster years ago at a show but i cant remember if it was in New Hamburg, Mississauga or Brampton. I havent seen it since ??.

Is your Demon B1 blue? It looks like it in the picture. My 72 Swinger is b1 blue with b5 blue interior. Do you have any more pics of your demon? I'm trying do decide what color of stripe to put on my car.

Scott
72 Dart

Actually, I'm the one who bought the car. It was on ebay and didn't sell....I contacted the guy for the heck of it and he let it go without meeting reserve. Worked out really cool because I have the sister cars now with the Demon and the Duster. I contacted Galen for '72 sunroof options and there were no solid numbers. Estimate is about 50 cars total with only 7 actually accounted for between both Dodge and Plymouth.

I knew of a 72 340 demon w/ the rollback canvas top option, it was a real 340 car. FE5 Red w/ white stripes and white interior, auto. console shift w/ bucket seats and tuff wheel. It was scrapped before I could get it.

As rare as they are, I have actually found more info on scrapped ones (five) than ones still out there (two besides the two I have).

There was a yellow 72 Demon 340 for sale with the rollback sunroof option in St. Louis around 1999 or 2000. It was a heavily optioned factory car. I've never seen it again though.....

-
Back