-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnplumber

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale My 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger Special, 318 auto, 904, 7 ¼”. This car is a four owner car including myself. It was purchased by a woman in the Boca Raton, Fl. It spent most of it’s time in Florida until 1995 where is was driven to Knoxville, TN and given to the original owners daughter. In 2007 the car was sold to a 25 year old tow truck driver, who kept the car three months and flipped it by selling it to me. This car is as close to survivor that I have ever found. I had been looking for 10+ years for a SOLID Dart and this car fit the bill. I have been told by the tow truck driver that the mileage is correct at 38k miles. I actually believe it to be true. The follow parts were changed to make the car reliable.
Electrical: Distributor, ECM, ballast resistor, battery, starter, starter solenoid, voltage regulator, battery cables, back up light wiring fixed.
Tune up: Cap and Rotor, plugs, wires, PVC valve.
Cooling: Original Radiator made into a three row, fan clutch, fan, fan shroud and fan belt, all radiator and heater hoses.
Brakes: New Master cylinder and rubber brake lines.
Fuel: NOS carburetor, fuel pump, fuel filter, all rubber fuel lines replaced, intake manifold gasket.
Interior: New legendary seat covers.
Steering and suspension: Monroe shocks, power steering pump and belt.
Wheels and tires: 14” rallyes with rings and caps in driver condition, new BF Goodrich TA’s, front 215/70/r14, back 225/70/r14s with about 3000 miles.
All original numbers matching components are included in the sale which were replaced for reliability.
The car is an excellent looking driver, but not a show car. The body is exceptional on the drivers side with no rust and only a few door dings. The passenger side was creased in 1995 and the car was repainted in a similar color as the original B1 blue. A poorly repaired dent high up on the passenger quarter panel is the cars worst flaw. Also on the driver side, the door needs to be aligned better and there is a dent in the fender near the fender extension. The floor pans seem to be totally rust free and solid as well as the under carriage. There is surface rust in the trunk and a pin hole in the spare tire well, but I honestly believe the car is as rust free and as solid as I could ever find, not one rust bubble on the car. I have the built sheet and some original paper work with the car. The car is numbers matching and has retained all of its original components. This is a great driving car, everything works as it should except the AM radio. The A/C was converted by the previous owner to 134a and works but freezes up on long trips. Asking price is $6800.00. Car is located in Rockwood, TN 37854.

...so why would you sell a car that you have been looking for 10+ years ???

Good luck with your sale Scott! I hate to see you selling your dart, but I understand and Like you said we do what we have to when it comes to family. If you need anything that I can help you with please call me.
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back