1972 Plymouth Valiant. What's it worth?

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for some help in pricing this 1972 Plymouth Valiant. Thanks for your help and opinions. I was thinking 2500 to 3000.

FOR SALE 1972 PLYMOUTH VALIANT

TWO OWNERS SINCE NEW :

1. R.A. Lamb SR and wife Philis , Inverness , FL. 1972
2. Emory Warren Mc Gowan 2005 second owner

The following service and part Replacements were conducted from June of 2005 to July 2010 :

vinyl top
water pump
tires
hoses
brakes
points , plugs , condenser
master cylinder
spark plug wires
wheel cylinders
battery
seals
shock absorbers
brake fluid
three piece exhaust pipe
motor mounts
muffler
fuel pump
tail pipe
fuel line
belts
carburetor
hoses
Fuel filter
floor mats
U-Joints
trunk mats
power steering pump
oil and filter
radiator
headliner
front and rear bumpers

Vehicle is equipped with air conditioning , but requires repair ; all lights work correctly ; no dents ; no rust ; no bondo ; no prior repairs to body that are known or visible ; carpeting recently cleaned . seats are in excellant condition ; headliner was replaced several years ago ; all body moldings are intact and in excellent condition ; all chrome intact and in excellent condition , to include new front and rear bumpers ; all glass is factory tinted and in good condition , with no cracks ; 4 original hub caps in mint condition ; ball joints too tight to be original and assumed to have been replaced. Have original bill of sale , books and records. Garaged by original owner for 36 years ; sold in 2005 to second owner.

Antique Auto Insurance for this car through Hemings Motor News cost approximately $200.00 annually ; license plates cost approximately $27.00. Insurance on a newer auto cost approximately $1,200.00 annually for an adult / $2,400.00 for a minor ; first time license tags cost approximately $400.00. The first year of savings alone on the Auto Insurance and Auto Tag that this car is capable of generating is between $1,000.00 for an adult and $2,700.00 for a minor. THIS CAR WILL PAY FOR ITSELF WITHIN 3 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP and will continue to APPRECIATE !

In excess of $4,000.00 has been spent on this vehicle for repairs , maintenance and up grades from 2005 to 2010 with receipts. This is a forty year old , BRAND NEW CAR. Ten year old cars are not as clean as this car and do not have perfect sheet metal with no DAMAGE , BONDO OR RUST , like this 1972 Plymouth ! The first $4,250.00 will buy this car.

1972 valiant.jpg

valiant.jpg

I'm with you on the price. If they get more than 3k, good for them. Personally that is the most I would pay, yes it has much work done but unless it is the exact model you are looking for it is not that special. Still need to get the a/c functional.....

I thought this would make a great car for my wife laurie. The car is above average in condition and very clean. As far as price goes on the Valiants/6 cylinders, I wasn't sure what todays market should pay for something like this. Keep your opinions coming please. Thanks

Car sounds nice but on the high side.
I got over 4k into '72 and will never get it back; therefore I have decided to part it. I will use the drivetrain for the Duster and sell off the rest.

I don't see the AC compressor. Looks good. It is proabably worth a little extra with all the work that has been done. But for 4K I'd want the AC to be intact and working. For my wife to drive it I'd also want disk brakes...so consider this in the price.

has it ran since the paint job on the engine? looks like they sprayed it in the car, I'd look it over real good, just my 2 cents. actually things are painted black under the hood that shouldn't be, so as they say buyer beware, if you realy want this car use this to bring the price down, after you check it out good, good luck.

-
Back