1973 Dart Bumpers

-

CoDart

Reaction score
Quick question for the forum, does anyone know if anyone makes new bumpers for 73 Dodge Darts? Or some one that does chroming? Mine are in decent shape, could use a refresh

I don’t think the front bumper is reproduced.

The front bumper is a one year only deal because of the body style change from ‘72 and then the shock mounted bumpers in ‘74. The ‘74 bumper looks the same, but the mounting holes are in different locations because of a change to the impact beam for the shock mounts.

The rear bumper is basically the same ‘71-73, some have jack slots I forget the exact year range on those. I thought AMD reproduced those for a bit but I don’t see any listed at the moment.

I don’t think the front bumper is reproduced.

The front bumper is a one year only deal because of the body style change from ‘72 and then the shock mounted bumpers in ‘74. The ‘74 bumper looks the same, but the mounting holes are in different locations because of a change to the impact beam for the shock mounts.

The rear bumper is basically the same ‘71-73, some have jack slots I forget the exact year range on those. I thought AMD reproduced those for a bit but I don’t see any listed at the moment.
That is all exactly what I am running into. Leaving me at a standoff of what to do. I’m not building a show car, just want them to look good with the car as I am repainting and such.

I reached out to about four different platers and they all quoted $1200-$1500 to re-chrome a rear bumper.

Tri-city was $750-800. Still a bit out of my budget at this point in time.

I reached out to about four different platers and they all quoted $1200-$1500 to re-chrome a rear bumper.

Tri-city was $750-800. Still a bit out of my budget at this point in time.
I could live with the $750-800. Every player I have talked to is that expensive as well. Plus a 20 week turn around time.

-
Back