1973 Super Blue Dart Sport

-
Mine is the same color as both of yours TB3, mine is just very faded. I took a wire wheel to the floor pans yesterday, the passenger one is still solid under all the rust, the drivers one has a handful of pinholes and one hole that is about an inch wide. I have some rust doctor on the way, I will put it down and hope for the best.

Welcome 73smurf.
I see you have seen there are some great folks here and allot of great tec's,
Keep us updated and enjoy. Nice Dart

i got my super stocks from mcveighs truck springs or something like that.... they were on ebay and i paid about 200 total including shipping. you can see from the photo it really has a nice stance to it (In my opinion). i moved the springs in at the same time with a relocation kit and installed new shocks. (not air shocks)

0802080802.jpg

by the way, good luck with this project! and keep us informed along the way!

Welcome! Shipping for those seats is not as bad as you think. I shipped some to Florida from Virginia and it was 60.00. I took the backs loose from the bottoms and shipped them flat. Make sure the seats have tracks. Thaey are hard to find even in rebuildable condition. Also make sure the bolts for the back to bottom pieces arent lost. They are special non-existent bolts.

Tod

Just a note on the Air Shock issue:

The strength of the upper mounting studs is marginal for this application of constant force. If the car has structural rust in this area they may break loose from the trunk floor. I've seen many cars that had the studs re-welded just because they broke loose from hitting a BIG bump or jump with normal shocks. I had air shocks on a very solid Demon with a trailer hitch and used it to tow a Cuda to the drags many times without any trouble though....

-
Back