Status
Not open for further replies.

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I picked up this '74 locally (Kansas City) a few months ago. A victim of a K-frame lower control arm failure on the passenger side, it had been parked for almost 5 years in a barn, in close proximity to a Demon, a Viper, and a '70 Coronet. I replaced the K frame just to make it easier to move around. I figured I'd either use it as a body donor for my almost-gone Valiant and sell what I don't need, or sell the whole car proper.

It's a 225 Slant 6, 904 Automatic, disc brake car with the complete blue interior and 7 1/4 rear. Car starts and runs great, doesn't smoke, clean title, and seems to drive well. It has rust in most of the usual places but is actually fairly straight and the rust it has seems limited to those places. There's a couple bubbles under the vinyl top, the driver floorboard is getting soft, and it might have had a light hit in the front at one time (beyond whatever broke the grill).

The biggest drawback? Don't store your cars with a horse blanket in the trunk. The smell in the interior has gone down significantly with lots of baking soda, Febreze (I just poured a bottle into a pan and rolled the windows up on a hot day), then finally rolling the windows down on every nice day we've had. However, it's still present for those with delicate olfactory function, I smell it, wife does not, and it's worse when it rains.

I didn't look super close, but frame rails and T-bar crossmember seem solid, the suspension is now straight (although front end definitely needs new bushings), and the car is actually a sweetheart to drive.

Around here, similar cars are bringing $1500-ish. I'm certainly more flexible when it comes to FABO (or FBBO, FCBO, etc) members, but I'll list it locally in that neighborhood, unless it's just WAY too high. This is great cruiser material, father-son toy, etc. not to mention would be a fantastic sleeper. I've considered a 5.9 EFI Magnum drop n' swap many times since I've have it.

Or do you see parts you just HAVE to have? The dash pad is cracked but the woodtrim seems pretty nice last I recall. Seats and interior are fair, disc brakes are worth quite a bit, the slant 6 can serve someone well, and I really just want the body.

Thoughts? Offers? Car is located near Raymore, MO, SE of KC. I'll call it at $1500 but as I said, I'm more flexible if it's going to Mopar brethren.
Thank you
John
Dart 1.jpg

Dart 2a.JPG

Dart 3.jpg

Dart 4.jpg

Dart 5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back