-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
FOR SALE: Complete front clip from a 1974 Plymouth Duster. Hood, both fenders, front bumper, grille. Worst part is all plastic mounting tabs on the back of the grill are busted off, otherwise, is in fine shape. Parts are pictured below as installed on car before removal. Parts are now removed and have been in storage outside under a tarp for about a year. No rust out, minor dings and surface rust. Easy to recondition and have nice clean sheetmetal. Parts removed in order to install a 67 Dart front clip, no problems with these parts required their removal.

Parts located in Tacoma, Washington, United States of America. Asking $200 obo. I really don't want to mess with shipping, so you have to come pick these up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I don't need your clip, but I would really like to see a pic of the car with the dart front end.

Sorry, the sheetmetal is hanging loosely, but I haven't finished the bodywork. I am hoping to get the car at least bolted back together by the end of the year. It should look pretty cool when done. I have also added a Demon rear taillight panel.

if you weren't on the other side of the country i would take the front clip it is exactly what i'm looking for

Bump. very flexible on price. I just want this stuff gone.

Nope, these parts are long gone. Good luck in your search!

By the way, here are some pictures of the 67 Dart front clip on the 74 Duster body (with a Demon tail panel and a 70 Duster smooth trunk lid):

IMG_1072sm.jpg

IMG_1075sm.jpg

IMG_1074sm.jpg

IMG_1076sm.jpg

IMG_1073sm.jpg

I don't need your clip, but I would really like to see a pic of the car with the dart front end.

Cool. Never seen that. Please post pics when the grille is in!
Does everything bolt up?

Hood, fenders, and front bumper bolt right up, the grille does not line up with the hood latch support or the holes for the 74 grille. But these are fairly minor issues and can be addressed easily. The rear bumper is going to be a 70 Dart bumper with the reverse lights in the bumper, but the 70 brackets don't match the 74 bumper bolt holes. More fabrication will be necessary.

I have all these same parts and thought of this build , nice to see it being done

The trickiest part is finding a 15 inch tire/rim combination that clears the 67-69 Dart fenders. The 15x7 rims on the front of this Duster have a 4 inch backspace and the 205-65-15 tires rub on the front lip of the fender when the wheels are turned. I figure the only tires that will clear is a 205-50-15.

I like your idea of using your favorite parts to make a unique car. I did notice the front fenders and wondered why? Maybe a little fender mod is in order.

do you have a picture with the grill temporarily installed?
I think its going to look great, Id love to see it!

Bruce B.

Sorry, no grill pictures yet. I ended up going with a 68 grill and I am actually trying to sell or trade the 67 fenders and grill to get a pair of 68 fenders. I will try and get a picture of the 68 grill set in place soon. This project is progressing VERY slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back