1974 duster project

-

moparman96

Reaction score
Well heres the down low I just bought the duster a few days ago for 4500. the only bad part is it took all the money I had set aside to work on a car but it is in decent shape. Motor and trans are very strong and the brakes and suspension are in pretty good shape to.

the problems that i know so far. RUST!!! and alot of it. only a couple really bad spots that will need patch panel work. The rest is just surface rust that can easily be taken car of in a weekend or 2. The problem with the paint is that someone sprayed over perfectly good paint with grey primer. most of the gauges dont work and the original ac was ripped out to turn it into a drag car. so there are holes all over and rust everywhere. mechanicly its great but its needs some serious body work.

the mill. it has a 318 with a 3 speed auto trans brand new yokohamas and crager wheels. dual exhaust and and edelbrock proformer 600 carb. runs great. my current plan right now since i have no money to work on it with im going to start with the free things, like getting rid of the surface rust on the floors and trunk. i can do that on the cheap with some sand paper and spray paint. i have some cheap insulation and a premolded carpet that came with it so im gonna start there.

Sorry i dont have pics for you yet but i will in a couple days.

Nice car BTW

3n53k93m25W35U45R2a8d98741ed716db14aa.jpg

3ka3pa3l85Y55Q15U3a8d070741178b871e0c.jpg

3m03p83l65V15P55S2a8a9d6a905db16a12c7.jpg

3p73o13l85Y05T65Q0a8af670b2e8ee1f1a6e.jpg

yeah i got it down to 4500. that is it though. i have more pics i will put up when i get home.

First thing I would do is get rid of that hood. :)

Not that it looks bad, but when I first looked at the picture I thought it was a Nova. :-D

Looks like a decent enough ride.
Glad you found somerthing you want to work with.
I am a littttle partial to '74 Dusters... :)

-RPM

I watched the price drop on that car for a while as I saw it on Craigslist. Glad to see its going to be fixed up, I'll be watching.

-
Back