1976 Duster - my new ride!

-

2kids

Reaction score
Got a 76 Duster 2 days ago - and it's pretty cool!

It was used since 1992 as a rural mail delivery vehicle by a very nice elder lady. She kept immaculate records (see the photo of the yellow 6x4 note book).

Yeah, so I don't know a ton about cars, but I'm getting there. I just dug this car as soon as I saw it, the black and red multicolored stripes pretty much sealed the deal for me! Nice rallye wheels combined with an overall condition was enough for me to buy it.

Originally a 318, the lady I bought it from put a freshly rebuilt slant 6 into it and she proceeded to put 242,000 miles on it as it stands today.

Best part of the deal is that my 17 y.o. son totally loves it and we've decided he'll drive to school this year (his senior year). "Drive it 'till it dies" and go from there...

Discovered the passenger side floor is totally rusted through....so I think I'll be needing to replace that before the rain and snow.

They threw in some studded snow tires, extra heater core, carburetor, and snow chains....so I'm calling it my "snow car mopar"....lolololololo.

Anyway - for $550 I think I did pretty good - drove it home on the freeway for 30 minutes, and am happy to add it to my 71 Dart swinger "collection". We'll drive it till it dies and go from there!

Darcy (aka 2kids)

I own a '76 Duster myself. Have fun finding out how many '76-only parts these things have.

I've got a bunch of parts for sale if you need something.

Attachments

• 100_3892small.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 219
here are the pics so far

Attachments

• front-grill.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 184
  • back-of-car.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 200
  • drivers-side.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 189
  • front-of-car.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 191
  • duster-logo.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 197
  • small records.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 175
  • rigth-tail-light.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 187
  • back-seat.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 300
Thats the "Silver Duster" package with Boca Raton interior. Should have orange grille lites though. Looks like a fold down rear seat too.

I'll take another guess and say manual disc brakes?

hahahah....you got it! I didn't even realize it until you said that. Now....get them to stop squeaking for us! Didn't squeak at all on day 1...now they are squeaking a lot...but work good.

-
Back