-
Status
Not open for further replies.

notpaul

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am now forced to sell my beloved 1976 Duster, which has been a long-term project for the past three years.

I bought this car from Texas (which means there are no rust problems). The previous owner had planned to transform it into a drag car, but did not get too far in his project before I bought the car.

Among other work (by a very reputable speed shop in the area), it has had the following done:

- brand new brakes all around, including a new front disk conversion, new master cylinder & power booster, all new lines
- fresh from the machine shop completely re-built Slant-6 225 engine
- brand new clutch and flywheel
- brand new radiator
- Super-Six conversion intake with freshly-rebuilt 2-barrel carb
- brand new Cragar S/S wheels (15x7) with brand new tires
- interior was re-done, and is in overall nice shape, especially the upholstery

The car fires up like a charm, and drives very well, overall.

The rough stuff:

- the shift linkage is a bit sticky ... it could use some adjusting (TLC) by someone who really knows those components

- the dash cover is missing

- the windshield is cracked

- paint is fairly sun-damaged ... it will eventually need a paint job (that was next on my list)

- gauges are not functioning

- because it was being converted for drag racing, the gas tank has been removed, and there is a 5-gallon fuel cell in the trunk (in other words, range is limited!)

- again, due to the drag work, the rear-end is geared very high ... it starts FAST off the line! But, it would be redlining at highway speeds. The speed shop guesses it was being re-tooled for an 1/8-mile track, so those kind of top-end speeds would not have been necessary. The speed shop estimated the rear-end could be re-geared for the road at about $1200 - $1500 cost.

In summary, most of the tough work has been done, and for someone who wants a nice example of this car (with a RARE original stick shift) this is a nice opportunity. I have well over $15,000 invested in this car, but I just need to sell it and move on to other things.

Asking $8000. Reasonable offers will be considered. PM with questions. Details about the shop that did the work, other information provided via PM or email.

76-Duster-01.jpg

76-Duster-02.jpg

76-Duster-03.jpg

76-Duster-04.jpg

76-Duster-05.jpg

76-Duster-06.jpg

76-Duster-07.jpg

76-Duster-08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back