225 Question

-

Simon

Reaction score
If I have a slant six from the 1970's in a 1964 dodge dart. would it be ideal to buy a A/C kit from the 1970's or one for the body style of the 1964?

any good info on brake swap!!!!

did you swap the trans out of the 70's dart or are you running the adapter on the converter?

as far as the AC unless you dart has the correct AC box and controls under the dash your gonna have to get one or do an aftermarket swap...

someone will have more answers on that...

Not sure about the transmission, I just bought it a few months ago and because I'm here in Germany I have yet to really look the car over. I think its a 904.

AC-I dont have a problem with the aftermarket swap but will the pully still mount on the 225? will there be room since its a 64 dart

Not sure about the transmission, I just bought it a few months ago and because I'm here in Germany I have yet to really look the car over. I think its a 904.

AC-I dont have a problem with the aftermarket swap but will the pully still mount on the 225? will there be room since its a 64 dart

i knew it would be a 904 but in 67 and earlier they had a smaller converter hub and splines, in 68 and later the splines went up in splines and the converter hub grew... so if you mount a new engine to an old trans it will go right together... but the thing will vibrate like hell... easy enough to tell... is it a pushbutton trans? has a single cable going into the case...

i have the lower A/C and P/S pulley (so i think its a 3 or 4 groove) on a six out back... i would sell you the brackets but its bent due to a front end collision...

if your gonna do this i would recommend swapping to a Sandon compressor and R-134a...

-
Back