$300.00 for 7.25 axles...no way

-

friesza

The Machinist
Reaction score
Went to the pick a part today and got the 10" backing plates off a 7.25 for my dart...for 20 bucks with all hardware...so I thought I would ask how much for the large bolt pattern axles.....300 frikkin dollars is what they told me....I said I could get new ones for that...hell I could find and 8.75 for that...they said because they are hard to find and something else....jokingly I turned around and looked at my *** and asked what kind of lube were they going to use to screw me with....lol... he didnt like that and told me good luck in finding any axles for that "rare" rear end...I told him dutchmans in portland would do the work on my old ones for around 100 bucks....he goes yeah they probably have hundreds of sets there...I go but I thought they were rare...he just pointed to the door....oh well you cant fix stupid...lol...hell he wanted 20 a piece for the old drums.......gues I will have to stay away from there for a while...

There are a ton of clueless people setting the prices on all kinds of Stuff. I get a lot of Basses and Guitars from Pawn Shops but sometimes they want more than Mint condition brand new ones. Like you said, Ya can't fix stupid. I bite my tongue though because he might have something I need next week at a fair or even great price. It's best to just leave & tell us what an idiot they are rather than mess up a possible future score. JMO Now with the internet you can show them other places that sell them for the more realistic price. I have them search Google or Ebay and let them see for themselves then ask them to save me some time (and Shipping cost) and just match the price. I'm not trying to rag on you but just to teach you some tricks to get what you want at a fair price and maybe make a friend instead of an enemy. If they don't want to take a minute to see the realistic price then you can say "Thanks for tryin'" and just leave. I really feel it's important to build a relationship with these junk yard people. Some day you're gonna need them for a true hard to find part and you now have a friend in the business.

He is just a new guy there...i usually deal with a couple of different guys there.....so what i did was call the other pick a part and asked if they had any axles...he said they had a set in the network from where I had just been...he said 35 a piece....I said nothing but thanks....this is why I get frustrated with the pick a parts....as they can just pull a price out of their ***....i think i will just pay and have mine reworked...then look around for a decently priced 8.75....oh well

-
Back