318 4BBL intake

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi was looking for a cheap or stock 4BBL intake manifold for a 1973 318 -- and the cost for shipping to 55056, thanks!

A little FYI, there never was a "stock" four barrel intake for the 318. Chrysler just slapped on the 360 piece. Mismatched ports in some cases and all. lol Now what you could do would be to find a 67 and up 273 four barrel manifold. That would match the 318 ports. Of maybe like an LD4B with small ports...good luck findin one cheap. I have a 72 340 intake if you want to go that route....but again, the ports will be a mismatch, but as I said before, That's the only way Chrysler ever did it from the factory....and it worked. Only thing is, it's cast iron and would not be real cheap to ship.

I got my Eddie performer dual plane for 60 off Craigslist.
It was even in the town I lived in, so no shipping.

Yes. the Eddy 318 perf intake is about $60 street price used right now.
That's what I paid for mine. It had all the plugs and the linkage brackets and studs, too, plus the water pump nipple. I did have to buy a new heater hose nipple, though.

I saw two around that price last month (and a shiny one for $75) at the local swap meet. I'm painting mine gloss black to match my roller 318, so sheen wasn't an issue for me.

If the water neck is still attached, you might want to ask to remove it, as some get corroded pretty bad on the mounting flange and could increse the potential for leaks.

The biggest thing about the Eddy is the port placement. The later ones SUCK. You can look at them in relation to the flange edge and they ain't even CLOSE to straight a lot of the times, so make sure you are able to inspect it first.

A little FYI, there never was a "stock" four barrel intake for the 318. Chrysler just slapped on the 360 piece. Mismatched ports in some cases and all. lol.

Sure there was, the 66-older poly 318 could have had been ordered with 4 barrel intake and AFB carb....it is different than the later 318 the original poster is inquiring about, but a 318 did come with one :D

Sure there was, the 66-older poly 318 could have had been ordered with 4 barrel intake and AFB carb....it is different than the later 318 the original poster is inquiring about, but a 318 did come with one :D

okay we will clarify it then LA318 had the 360 intake slapped onto it

Yeah yeah. lol

What about the earlier 318 dual quad motors? I mean since we're bein technical and all. lol

iv got two .a performer in very nice shape i need to clean it first and a torker 340 in good shape it has a casting crack in the crossover and leaks exhaust onto the manifold ..it could be epoxyed or welded or blocked off ..i need 80 for the performer and 40 for the torker plus shipping from antioch cal.pm for pictures if interest.j

I have a 72 340 intake if you want to go that route....but again, the ports will be a mismatch, but as I said before, That's the only way Chrysler ever did it from the factory....and it worked. Only thing is, it's cast iron and would not be real cheap to ship.

If not a problem I would appreciate if you could check, again my zip is 55056, MN

thank you

The biggest thing about the Eddy is the port placement. The later ones SUCK. You can look at them in relation to the flange edge and they ain't even CLOSE to straight a lot of the times, so make sure you are able to inspect it first.

Yeah, I have noticed in the past that Holley and Eddy manifolds had much more "core shift" (crooked ports) than the Wiand and Offy manifolds.

I've got a factory 273 Four Barrel manifold I'd part with. I bought it to put on my 318 but I don't have any plans for it any time soon. I'd take $50 plus freight for it. I guessed dimensions at 24x12x12 and 40 lbs. on the UPS website and it was saying about $35 to ship it to you. If you're interested let me know.

Yeah, I have noticed in the past that Holley and Eddy manifolds had much more "core shift" (crooked ports) than the Wiand and Offy manifolds.

Yeah me too. I think the Weiand Action Plus is far superior to the performer anyway.

Yeah me too. I think the Weiand Action Plus is far superior to the performer anyway.

its good to see that some agree with me on the Weiand intake, i caught grief a while back for saying, that in my opinion, it was superior to the edelbrock. i run one on my 360 , and with a holley 600, that shiz screams. i have tried both with the same carb, and i will take the action plus over the edelbrock stuff every day of the week.

Hi was looking for a cheap or stock 4BBL intake manifold for a 1973 318 -- and the cost for shipping to 55056, thanks!

Hi, just noticed you are in MN, I am in St. Cloud. I have a Gran Fury police car with a 318 4 barrel engine, I would sell it real cheap if you want but I have to pull it off the car. Let me know, maybe I have some other Mopar stuff you can use!

PM sent!!

its good to see that some agree with me on the Weiand intake, i caught grief a while back for saying, that in my opinion, it was superior to the edelbrock. i run one on my 360 , and with a holley 600, that shiz screams. i have tried both with the same carb, and i will take the action plus over the edelbrock stuff every day of the week.

Here's the difference.

Attachments

• GHEY.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 186
  • UNGHEY.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 193
Where's the Thermoquad? Traitor. lol

On the shelf for now. I have one off of a 340 I'm going to rebuild. That's what I liked about this manifold I can use squarebore or spreadbore.

I was having some issues with the way it was running, after I pulled the intake I do believe I had a leak.

the 318 4bbl's used 360 heads

Not all of them by a long shot. Only the police 318s used the 360 heads. I have torn down countless 318 4 barrel motors that were original that had the 360 intake and 318 heads straight from the factory.

I have the performer 318/360 with a TQ on a 318 and it works great. I did have to port match it but there was plenty of material to work with. I think they are set up to be opened up to the 360 port if you are running that style head but come necked down to the 318 size port. My buddy bought a Weiand stealth and it looks like a nice intake too. The overall cross section of the ports seemed larger than the edelbrock on my engine so it may be better for a hotter build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back