340 vs 360 confirmation

-
TTI will give a stock or mild build up to 20 extra horses easy. Do not undersell the TTI headers. Go with straight through mufflers and shortened exhaust system and you will get an other 20 to 30 more horses especially if the pipes are 3 inches but 2 and half will work good too! I once had 1 an 3 quarter going into 3 inch with 4 inch tips out the sides in front of the rear tires. I f you have at least 391 gears or better and a 3 or 4 speed manual transmission and you can get them to fit 1 and 7/8 inch headers will also work.

I'm not saying you're off track a little, because I'm certainly not an exhaust expert, but it seems optimistic that I'll gain 50 horsepower as you said, when all the other reading I've done in the last week or so indicates somewhere on the neighborhood of 13-20 horsepower gain, tops. Unless I misunderstood you?

Your engine is probably toast because I have experienced crap engines dumping oil with crappy headers on them and they blew the doors off cars with stock manifolds on them.
I wonder how many people on this site have owned and driven an 8 second flat stroked 472 small block Mopar and yes she had Headers on her.

I'm not saying you're off track a little, because I'm certainly not an exhaust expert, but it seems optimistic that I'll gain 50 horsepower as you said, when all the other reading I've done in the last week or so indicates somewhere on the neighborhood of 13-20 horsepower gain, tops. Unless I misunderstood you?
Gains depend on cam profile, head flow, head flow numbers, stroked or not, and dozens of other factors. A stockish type low cam lift stock port engine will have modest gains like you are thinking. A stroked small block ported aluminum heads 600 lift cam ect will be gaining 50-60 or more hp with headers straight through mufflers bigger pipes etc. So its a depends no blanket one size fits all headers will gain this much all the times ect etc etc etc....

A lot of times ppl have say 340 manifolds with stock head pipe thats 2 inch off manifold pinch 1/2 inch around torsion bar then goes into 2 1/4 pipe drivers side. They take all that off swap on headers mandrel bent 2 1/2 pips see a good gain say see headers for the win. Put some 2 1/2 TTI mandrel head pipes on 340 manifolds base line that first then go to headers that a more accurate comparison. But of course most ppl gonna just go gloss over those so called details right???

Then you got stock chrome tips with inner diameter like 1 5/8 choke point where they slide in the pipe. Choke point.

So you can run manifolds on mildish builds with mandrel bent 2 1/2 pipes, straight threw muffles, tips that slide over pipes not into them, and its gonna flow way more then the original exhaust.

Woodsman341
I am probably wrong to assume you are really young but nevertheless it is good to see any woman or man these days that is into Mopars. At some point in your life collect a numbers matching Mopar and hang onto her till your dying day.

Woodsman341
I am probably wrong to assume you are really young but nevertheless it is good to see any woman or man these days that is into Mopars. At some point in your life collect a numbers matching Mopar and hang onto her till your dying day.

"Young" is a highly relative and subjective word: I'll be 57 years young later this year. :)

And I will be 63 on the 16th of this Month. One of the last Baby boomers. In 1976 the 340 Dusters and Demons were still fairly new when I could drive them with a restricted license.

My older brother drove them brand new and I got to ride in them which he handed down to me when I started to drive with restricted license.

Gains depend on cam profile, head flow, head flow numbers, stroked or not, and dozens of other factors. A stockish type low cam lift stock port engine will have modest gains like you are thinking. A stroked small block ported aluminum heads 600 lift cam ect will be gaining 50-60 or more hp with headers straight through mufflers bigger pipes etc. So its a depends no blanket one size fits all headers will gain this much all the times ect etc etc etc....

A lot of times ppl have say 340 manifolds with stock head pipe thats 2 inch off manifold pinch 1/2 inch around torsion bar then goes into 2 1/4 pipe drivers side. They take all that off swap on headers mandrel bent 2 1/2 pips see a good gain say see headers for the win. Put some 2 1/2 TTI mandrel head pipes on 340 manifolds base line that first then go to headers that a more accurate comparison. But of course most ppl gonna just go gloss over those so called details right???

Then you got stock chrome tips with inner diameter like 1 5/8 choke point where they slide in the pipe. Choke point.

So you can run manifolds on mildish builds with mandrel bent 2 1/2 pipes, straight threw muffles, tips that slide over pipes not into them, and its gonna flow way more then the original exhaust.
thats pretty much what i said 2.5 exhaust on a mild 350 360 hp is all you need
That gets you 12s if you have 1/2 a clue
strokers lose 50 or 60 hp
still the f a s t guys still run 10s
Myself would be proud to run 11s suck the paint of others then pop the hood and they see manifolds

The TTI head pipes are mandrel bent right off the 340 manifolds no pinch. They flow like giant over sized sewer pipes. TTI routes the head pipes differently depending on auto vs 4 spd. But either way a full 2 1/2 and no exhaust flow choking pinch. Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers are straight threw zero back pressure and quiet. So one can set up a pretty good flowing exhaust using exhaust manifolds and on the milder builds only sacrificing a tad of power compared to headers.

I really wanted to keep my 340 manifolds but when I went stroker giving up 50-60 hp nope went headers.

The TTI head pipes are mandrel bent right off the 340 manifolds no pinch. They flow like giant over sized sewer pipes. TTI routes the head pipes differently depending on auto vs 4 spd. But either way a full 2 1/2 and no exhaust flow choking pinch. Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers are straight threw zero back pressure and quiet. So one can set up a pretty good flowing exhaust using exhaust manifolds and on the milder builds only sacrificing a tad of power compared to headers.

I really wanted to keep my 340 manifolds but when I went stroker giving up 50-60 hp nope went headers.
My plan would be a stroker with manifolds 150 shot and 3.23s and hope to get 11.40s
prolly cant do it with 3.23s

My plan would be a stroker with manifolds 150 shot and 3.23s and hope to get 11.40s
prolly cant do it with 3.23s
You can get a custom cam ground to reduce the losses that the manifolds cause. Most off the shelf cams assume headers hence bigger losses with those.

You young Bucs need to quit smoking that CLEAR. It is melting your brain. Headers are always an improvement over stock manifolds. I never lost a race against a car with stock manifolds and one of my early A-body 340 Duster s had flattened 2 pipes on drivers side and I still blew the doors off cars with stock manifolds and that included the street Hemi cars of the late 60 s or early 70 s.

Yeah everyone should run headers blow the doors off all the cars with manifolds. Every car is faster with headers. Every car with headers is faster than every car with manifolds. So stop smoking clear get headers. Puff puff pass....

Fastback
You speak like a true TWEAKER. Your on your way to prison or the ground to be eaten by the worms. Keep smoking that garbage and it is only a matter of time.
SAY NO TO DRUGS!!!

-
Back