360 Magnum heads conversion

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
The top P/N will give a magnum head adjustable rockers.
The bottom is for an entirely different animal.....roller rockers for AMC / GM etc.
You will need AMC lifters and oil through pushrods ........ I don't know of any " kit " to adapt Magnum heads to an LA block , but there is a list of parts you can change to make them work.
The intake bolt holes will need to be addressed too.

O.K. ......... my bad. If you want to use a roller rocker , you would use the bottom p/n to complete the heads.
Still need lifters / pushrods / manifold bolt hole adjustment. ( or just use a Magnum manifold )
Some heads have provisions for either pattern I think , but std. magnum bolts go straight down and LA's went into the head at an angle.
You have a couple choices as to blocking the oil passages in the deck to the head , since you won't be needing them anymore.
Magnum head bolts.
Accessory mounts will be different too.
Valve covers are different.
That's about all I can think of

I realize this is to convert the valve train to roller rockers and not a conversion kit to adapt the heads. I was just wondering if anyone has used this kit?

If you go to the applications tab on the second link it does list Dodge 360 engines from 92-00. So I believe it will work with the magnum engines and not specifically for the AMC.

I know I will need oil thru push rods and everything else that goes with this. Im just not sure if purchasing this kit is worth it or not and looking for anyone that has converted to roller rockers?

I guess whether or not you want to convert to roller rockers depends on how much spring you'll have.
Big cam = bigger spring load.
Hyd. roller needs more due to sheer meat of lifters , regardless of grind.
Stock stamped LA rockers hate spring pressure , and I don't think Magnums will be a whole lot better.
As you get close to 300 psi open pressure , you get to where an aftermarket rocker is a good idea.

Im only running a XE268 cam. So no it is not a high lift cam. Honestly Im glad I asked this question, because I was never sure of the whole when to use roller rockers. I think I will just stick with the stock set up for now. Thanks for the input!

You made a good decision. I just installed the Crane stud kit.Nice stuff. Comp rollers,80.00 cheaper. Too much lift, with my new cam(with 1.6's). I still would check for a custom pushrod length.

-
Back